Previous tenant requesting details

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2015 12:02 AM by srs Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

Does anyone know whether this is normal procedure?

We had tenants in our property on an 11 month contract who left a few months ago. Fine tenants with no problems and they both had full time employed jobs. We have now had a request from them for our Castral registration number for the property along with our NIE and passport numbers as they say they need this information for their tax declaration.  We have had tenants previously and none have asked us for this information.

In these days of ID fraud etc I am loathe to give these details unless it is necessary.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Like 0      
22 May 2015 7:54 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

They are most likely claiming the rent paid as a tax deductable expense. You will need to declare the income likewise.

Like 0      
22 May 2015 11:57 AM by srs Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

Thanks. I do declare my income but as these people were employed I dont see the need for them to declare their expenditure (unless it is different in Spain). Its the fact that I am giving my personal details to someone which I would rather not do if it is not necessary.

Like 0      
22 May 2015 12:30 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I would not provide them with any of these details sounds dodgy to me.

If they really need it ask them to do it offcially via their solicitor to your solicitor

Like 0      
22 May 2015 2:54 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

There is/was a tax credit that residents can claim on rental paid on their main residence, Its been scrapped from 1st Jan 2015.

Insofar as the information is concerned I would of thought they would of already had your NIE and Passport numbers from the rental contract? It's normally essential information along with the address of the property.

Like 0      
22 May 2015 5:36 PM by srs Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

Some good replies here, thanks for the tips.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

GnG - 0 posts
certificate of antiquity - 1 posts
Itv for car estepona - 4 posts
Atlas Property Advertising Spanish Property For Sale On UK TV . - 1 posts
Paying SUMA on behalf of a UK resident - 2 posts
Non Resident Bank Accounts - 0 posts
metal juliet balcony - 3 posts
Routes from Almeria to Eastern France - 3 posts
UK CROWN PENSION TO BE DECLARED IN SPAIN THIS YEAR - 90 posts
Help! - 1 posts
Cashing in a pension. - 13 posts
Looking for people who can rent an apartment - 0 posts
Recommendations for a good Aircon instalment company Formentera/Rojales/Quesada area? - 3 posts
Using Small uk trailers in Spain - 0 posts
bathroom floor tiles - 1 posts
Lottery for president - 20 posts
Septic Tanks - 0 posts
planning permission ? - 15 posts
Avoiding high bank charges when moving large sums of money out of your bank. - 15 posts
car road tax - 6 posts
Fibre optic broadband Benalmadena - 1 posts
Eminent domain on property, how does it work - 0 posts
Pool Cleaner & Gardener Needed Murcia - 5 posts
Mahogany Bedroom Furniture 1940's - 0 posts
Wifi/satellite internet in Las Marinas, Denia ? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x