Wifi/satellite internet in Las Marinas, Denia ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 May 2015 6:15 PM by jon-granada Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Anyone had any success getting internet via either line-of-sight wifi(eg. telitec) or satellite(eg. vodaphone 3g/4g) in las marinas, denia ? I'm about 2k from the town centre.

I have adsl, but it is 1.2mbs download.. terrible.  Telitec won't work at my house, and a few other houses I have asked have had wifi internet dishes installed, but none of them worked.

Anyone had any success with non-adsl internet solution in this area ? 

Ta, Jon.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2015 2:09 PM by jon-granada Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

Replying to myself here..  just in case it might be useful to anyone else who lives in Las Marinas, in Denia.

I just signed up with IPOK telecoms, who have a shop called 'Central Phone' in Denia, behind the big Casa store on the left hand side of Partida Madrigueres Sud, going out from Denia to the motorway.

They have red/white signs all over Las Marinas and Las Rotas advertising fast broadband internet.

Just had their 'Wifi Plus' (wimax) solution installed, and the engineer's PC showed signal strength and quality of near 100%, but I have line of sight view to Denia castle, where the repeater is installed.

I'm can (technically) get max 6Mbs download, 1MBs upload.. fast enough for HD youtube.

Of course when it rains / lots of people using it, it will degrade, but sure beats the 1.2Mbs from ADSL on a sunny quiet day.

Installation is 145 EUR, 5/1 Mbs download/upload is 39.90 EUR P.M, 8/2 would be 55.90 EUR.  But you would have to be nearer than 2K to Denia Castle to get the 8/2 speed.

It took 2 weeks from signing the docs to getting the installation engineer on site.

Visitor from the future: feel free to send me a P.M. to ask how reliable it is turning out to be, as it was only installed today.  But it is working reliably at this very moment.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Optic Fibre connection on CDS - 2 posts
Emigrating from the UK? - 3 posts
Looking for people emigrating the UK. - 0 posts
questions: declaration of uk interest and CGT on share sale - 6 posts
Ikea delivery - 3 posts
The little geranium - la Cala - 2 posts
recommendation for solicitor in playa flamenca - 1 posts
Recommendation for a car hire company at Malaga airport. - 34 posts
AIRPORT CAR HIRE - 5 posts
Legal tip 1297. USA banks deleting debt records, are Spain´s too? - 0 posts
Moving to Costa del Sol - 8 posts
Recommedation for security grills/shutters - 4 posts
hire car malaga airport - 2 posts
UK house valuation UK - 9 posts
Selling out to partner - 1 posts
Best type of Combi Boiler to buy in Madrid - 4 posts
New Will? - 21 posts
long Shot ? - 0 posts
New peeps - 1 posts
help moving to spain - 15 posts
Basic Spanish healthcare system - 3 posts
Help pls - 5 posts
Another one to Beware of - 1 posts
Another One To Watch Out For - 0 posts
UK Driving License - Discontinuance of the Counterpart - 31 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x