Deposit issue - please need help quickly

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Mar 2015 7:57 PM by studentinbarcelona Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have rent a room in a flat rented by an organization there we only could have one visitor staying for the night if we email one week in advance and the visit could only stay for 4 days without paying. If the visitor stayed longer the fee was 10 euro each day. I had a visitor over this time without asking and first he was staying just for 4 days. Then, he was some more days (just in the night). Since we were two people sharing the room, we were, according to the rules, allowed to have visit 4 days each. So basically, he could visit one of us for 4 days, the other one for 4 days, and so on. 

However, these rules were probably listed in the long contract, but as the contract where in Spanish, and I cannot understand Spanish well enough to read all the rules thoroughly, both of us singed. The intern at the agency at that time, talked us through the basics of the contract, and we could not know if she was leaving somtehing out. Also, we paid the deposit before arrival and sent the invoice, but we did not get any confirmation or contract. 

The problem is that the agency will not pay back the deposit for a full month rent (350€). Does anybody know the laws according to deposit here in Spain? Is it allowed to keep the deposit only because I had a visitor without telling? The room was in good condition when I moved out, just as it was when we arrived, and the agency approved the room. I thought deposits were just to cover damages or other problems with the room itself. Also, I wonder if it is legal to deny people visitors in the room they are renting? The agency is just renting out rooms in apartments. Some of the rooms have no windows at all, but the photos suggest this by the curtains and this is not mentioned in the description of the room. Is it legal to offer a room without window without saying? People who moved into these rooms without knowing, did not get the deposit back if the wanted to move out within 2 months. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The Spanish Legal System is a joke - 7 posts
Android tv box owners read this. - 1 posts
Bye Bye Europa Telecom - I have a MAG box going free if anyone needs it. - 1 posts
I owe 8 years of IBI - 10 posts
Any help and advice appreciated to help us move to Spain - 50 posts
trampolin hills - 1 posts
Voting in Andalucia today - 3 posts
Hi, New Here, Looking to Move to Alicante in 5 weeks - 4 posts
Honest tradesmen in Campello /Alicante area - 0 posts
Documents required by Estate Agents from overseas buyers - 10 posts
MAG254 IPTV box with WiFi - 2 posts
want to buy an apartment in Malaga capital - please advice - 3 posts
Moving to Spain pending the Brexit! - 8 posts
Inspection hamber on bathroom floor - 2 posts
Car regs for Spain - 5 posts
anyone know a free proxy for iplayer itv player that seems safe and OK - 5 posts
is there any "Real Ale" on te costa del sol? - 2 posts
Links - 1 posts
Job wanted_Sales, Administrative Manager or English-Russian interpreter - 0 posts
Bank Guarantees Abuse - 2 posts
Creating "Power of Attorney" in UK that will work in Spain - 2 posts
Documentation translation - 0 posts
public transport combined weekly bus/train ticket - 2 posts
Suggestions for Mortgage company for additional surveys - 1 posts
Modelo 720 illegal - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x