Food

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Feb 2008 1:03 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Just back from Gibraltar this morning. We left at nine and managed to do Main Street including Marks and Spencers little Food Hall and Morrisons. We arrived back home at one and we had loads of time in Gibraltar. Easter eggs are flying off the shelves in Morrisons already. The store has recently had a refurb and is much more modern and bright. There is a not bad home section too.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 3:39 PM by margaret magee Star rating. 38 posts Send private message

Nice to hear the refurb at Morrisons is ready for my visit next week. They were in the middle of it all at Xmas when I was there last. I must try not to buy more than we can eat in a week, last time we put things in our suitcases that came out as an assortment of crumbs. The dutch birds did seem to know how much of a treat it was though.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 5:51 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Crikey! Easter eggs already! DOnt tell my kids - they still havent forgiven me for not telling them about those choccy wonders after we moved here from the UK. I got away with it for about 4 years then we went to the UK for a visit and Grandma had saved them some!!

Boy was I in trouble - and they STILL go on about it!

Ikea, wonderful place - lost a friend there 2 weeks ago - she only went in for a shelf, hasnt been seen since!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 6:31 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
You cant get Vermicelli here - I like my pasta baskets and can only get em in Gib - also no real Double Cream here yes you can get it in a jar (UHT) but no pouring double cream - perhaps I am just being picky - managed to survive without a trip there for over 6 months now.

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 6:36 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Can you get Greek Yoghurt their? That is something I really miss in Spain they do not seem to have a lot of selection in yoghurt.   Even in the English shops.   Pat

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 6:49 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Pat, you can get virtually anything in Spain, at a price. Carrefour in Torrevieja has Greek yogurt. Have you been into any of the English shops dotted all around ?

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 6:54 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Not 100% what your pasta baskets are, Smiley (do you mean nests?) but are there really no Asian supermarkets down your neck o'the woods? (If Marco Polo didn't go to China, he'd still be routing around in Morrisons too - go to the original source)

Greek yoghurt? Most Spanish supermarkets here sell their own brand. Perfectly good, too.

Come on people, am I going to have to start a home delivery service from Torrie for all the things you can't find anywhere else in Spain? (I'll even deliver your Swedish meatballs, if you like, Rixxy - for a small fee, naturally).

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
19 Feb 2008 7:46 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes More, have been to all local shops and English like quik save, they said it is not worth them bringing it in as their is not enough demand, which I can understand.   DELIVERY SERVICE  SOUNDS GOOD TO ME willing to pay , lot of petrol money to get to us though.    Pat

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 10:09 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Well I have just enjoyed a delicious cinammon and raisin bagel from Morrison's. Roberto, Do you have bagels in Torremolinos?

Susan

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 2/20/2008.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 10:12 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Can get Bagels in Marbella and S Pedro - not sure on Cinammon and Raisin though

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 10:14 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Where?

Susan

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 10:55 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Cant remember as am not a regular buyer for home - but know that I have had them and got them both in Marbella and San P - will try and remember and trawl around - got an idea the German baker in Estepona Port might do them as well if you know where I mean - turn right at Open Cor and the baker is in the parade of shops before you get to the parking at the end - regularly had them at a restaurant in Marbella called Garum and they would certainly buy them in - will try and find out from them where they get them as well. Didnt think you did bread in your house these days now that Dr Atkins has arrived

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 12:02 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Thanks smiley. Oh I don't listen to a word that Dr Atkins has to say! I'm a carb junkie!

Susan

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 3:24 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Ive started a card and chocolate diet - its working perfectly!!!

Greek yoghurt bought nearly anywhere and flavoured or sugared or naturanl for around 2 euros for 4 or home branded at around 1.40 euros for 4. Mercadonna is a good one.

There is a place in Guadalmina doing bagels on the corner to the right of the farmacia. Also all types of chocolate - strangely enough...................!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 4:24 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Well looks like Guad then for you guys - went to Estepona today (the things I do for EOS) and it appears the German bakery in the port has closed so no bagels there then. Watch this space we are all going on a massive Spanish Bagel HUnt just for you!!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 6:19 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
It's very much appreciated!

Susan

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 6:25 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
And I dont think your ICON does you justice - you are nothing like a goat!!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 6:26 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Awful isn't it? Justin's choice for a joint icon.

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 6:29 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Ah well if it represents his nibs then it is an excellent likeness only far too good looking!!

Like 0      
20 Feb 2008 6:30 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Actually would have thought he would choose a raging bull or maybe at an outside chance a prancing horse - actually maybe its me thats the prancer only not a horse (only when I have my little fuschia number on though!!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Patio Furniture for sale - 9 posts
Long term rentals - 0 posts
beautiful cat - 0 posts
Bridge Holmes - 0 posts
hyundai accent - 0 posts
Grants for renovations - 2 posts
Many Thanks Em - 2 posts
Contracts, Lawyers and Compensation - 21 posts
JUSTIN, I NEED URGENT HELP - 41 posts
Looking for a long term let! - 1 posts
Please join me in wishing Tinasolera & her family a wonderful & happy life in Spain - 8 posts
Santa Maria Village, Elviria - 1 posts
Ayrshire Duo - 2 posts
ME! GIVE IN TO PEER PRESSURE? Er....yes - 13 posts
Looking for offers... - 0 posts
PROFILE NAME CHANGE - 3 posts
Low Cost business opportunity - 1 posts
car registation in spain - 0 posts
Marble floor polishing in Manilva / Estepona area - 1 posts
janet atkinson - 1 posts
Murcia Property Market? - 1 posts
Short term holiday rental contracts - 3 posts
Cadastral (Property detail) Map - 4 posts
New restaurant for Manilva? - 1 posts
Hi,to everyone that bought in Trampolinhills - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 64

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x