Food

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Oct 2008 4:30 PM by misspiggy Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

can u give me some examples please of a few  prices of items in gibraltar  so i can see how much the deferences are ..and compare to mallorca SYP supermarket prices as we often bring bulk food back to mallorca an just wanted to see if it be worth our while doing it this way

Like 0      
30 Oct 2008 9:29 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi

I am interested in what you bring back from the UK, as in our experience most supermarkets in Spain are a lot cheaper than the UK - apart from British items, such as Kellogg's.  The only thing I bring back from the UK is tea/tea bags, because tea isn't drunk as much over here, so Spanish brands aren't great and British brands are a lot more expensive.  Usually the Spanish equivalents are as good as British brands - when my partner's daughter was over here with her family in July, she bought Spanish baked beans for her 4 boys, which they liked just as much as Heinz, though they were a lot cheaper.

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
31 Oct 2008 10:44 PM by Karen4 Star rating in Arboleas. 6 posts Send private message

Thia maybe won't mean much to most of you but the one thing I always bring back from home is Northern Ireland butter - Dromona Country Gold, to be precise! Spanish butter just isn't the same, and English butter tends to be unsalted (tastes to me just like margarine!) as well as expensive! No point in having great bread here if you haven't got great butter to put on it! I've tried it out with some of my English friends here and they love it! Now I have to hide it in the freezer behind the veg, ha! ha!  Just got back here after a weekend back in Norn Iron and managed to bring back 6 X 500g tubs - hooray!

Like 0      
01 Nov 2008 9:34 AM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
Hi Karen - I buy salted butter from Mercadona - their own brand.  It is the same price as their unsalted and I think it's really good! 

The thing I miss most isn't really food - it is Crabbies Green Ginger Wine and I think you can only buy it in Scotland.  I always ask my visitors to bring me a bottle as my whisky just doesn't taste the same without it!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Patio Furniture for sale - 9 posts
Long term rentals - 0 posts
beautiful cat - 0 posts
Bridge Holmes - 0 posts
hyundai accent - 0 posts
Grants for renovations - 2 posts
Many Thanks Em - 2 posts
Contracts, Lawyers and Compensation - 21 posts
JUSTIN, I NEED URGENT HELP - 41 posts
Looking for a long term let! - 1 posts
Please join me in wishing Tinasolera & her family a wonderful & happy life in Spain - 8 posts
Santa Maria Village, Elviria - 1 posts
Ayrshire Duo - 2 posts
ME! GIVE IN TO PEER PRESSURE? Er....yes - 13 posts
Looking for offers... - 0 posts
PROFILE NAME CHANGE - 3 posts
Low Cost business opportunity - 1 posts
car registation in spain - 0 posts
Marble floor polishing in Manilva / Estepona area - 1 posts
janet atkinson - 1 posts
Murcia Property Market? - 1 posts
Short term holiday rental contracts - 3 posts
Cadastral (Property detail) Map - 4 posts
New restaurant for Manilva? - 1 posts
Hi,to everyone that bought in Trampolinhills - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 64

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x