property in almoradi

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Nov 2014 10:37 PM by galway60girl Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

HI ALL OUT THERE IN SUNNY SPAIN.

We are thinking of going out to Almoradi to look at property early next year. Is it a big town with shops and cafes/bars. It suits our budget and as I do not drive I will be there at some stage on my own,so is there transport links to Alicante,also is there an english community there,I can converse somewhat in spanish but would like to improve.

Thanks

yvonne

Like 0      
17 Nov 2014 4:44 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I don't know it but suggest that you also have a look around Cartagena, it is a facinating place and is coastal.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 1      
17 Nov 2014 7:59 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Hi Yvonne. Almoradi is a small market town, with loads of 'local' shops, Spanish bars, a couple of British-owned bars, a new Mercadona and several other supermarkets including Aldi and Lidl.The Saturday street narket is reckoned to be one of the best in Spain. There is a small ex-pat community and the ayuntamiento (council) provides Spanish classes for foreigners. 

We have owned our property here for eight years and been here full-time (mostly) for three.We certainly love it in Almoradi!

If you have seen something you like, let me know and I will give you an unbiased opinion, Also, if you wish, I can happily recommend a local estate agent, the one we used and were highly satisfied with their service.

PM me if you would like more info.

Steve 

Steve.

Like 3      
17 Nov 2014 8:33 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

Well Yvonne, you've certainly hit paydirt finding Steve, he obviously knows his Almoradi, good luck in your efforts. yes

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 1      
23 Nov 2014 9:51 AM by Poedoe Star rating in Berkshire, England. 83 posts Send private message

Hi Yvonne, You are looking in the right place at the right time, We purchased in a smaller Spanish village not far from Almoraldi which is all you say and we love it. A small cafe run by Brits just of the Plaza in the road facing the Church. so nice to visit when the market is on, Great People and wonderful food. Be careful to employ a Lawyer that will do the work you pay him for, many in Spain are just there to line there pockets at your expence. Ask the scottish owner of the cafe he will give you good advice. Good luck.

Like 1      
23 Nov 2014 11:26 AM by galway60girl Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Many Thanks Poedoe for your reply and info. yes we will employ lawyer if and when we do purchase.

Yvonne

This message was last edited by galway60girl on 23/11/2014.

Like 0      
24 Nov 2014 4:15 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Reverse Osmosis Water Filter System - wasting water - 1 posts
Seats on monarch - 2 posts
Increased water prices Hidralia - 5 posts
skip hire close to los alcazares - 1 posts
Advice on residency requirements before applying. - 2 posts
Firewood - 0 posts
Damp and Condensation- air bricks and damp proof course - 6 posts
Hi We are UK Family Mark & Kazz & kids - 4 posts
Questions about moving to Gibraltar - 4 posts
Jose Chillon / Fuenlegal - 0 posts
Spanish solicitor - 3 posts
Moving To Fuente Alamo area/region...advice sought - 2 posts
Wishing you the Best Christmas Ever! - 0 posts
Reliable lawyer needed - 22 posts
Flue problems - 3 posts
Stay safe - 22 posts
golf holidays in Spain - 10 posts
Sharing - 0 posts
Thinking of buying in the Murcia region - 7 posts
The cost of Electricity in Spain is really very expensive....... - 27 posts
Liabilities of the developer /promotor - 2 posts
Remembrance Day, Mil Palmeras - 0 posts
Gardening help and tips - 4 posts
blocking ads on filmon - 4 posts
DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHERE THE COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT COMPANY GETS THE OWNERS NAMES - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x