Driving Theory Exam in Spain (in English)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Oct 2014 8:19 AM by theline Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

Hi,

I have some questions regarding taking the Driving theoretical exam in Spain (in English).

1) The sample questions and reading material I have are full of mistakes and contradictions (I know, I should be studying in the original language!). Are the questions in the real exam properly translated, or do they also look like they are simply fed into Google Translate?

2) Is it illegal to double park in Spain? My book and the sample questions offer differing opinions :-).

3) When a car is indicating to overtake, should we ever try to overtake this car? (again, differing opinions...).

Also, any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

Like 0      
15 Oct 2014 1:19 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Hi

I did the exam in Spanish. So can't shed any light on the translations....

As as far as I remember  you are not allowed to double park. It carries a fine everywhere in Spain but does vary depending on how you have affected the traffic, if at all. 

When a car is indicating to overtake, you should not overtake it.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
15 Oct 2014 4:10 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

2) Is it illegal to double park in Spain? My book and the sample questions offer differing opinions :-).

Yes it is illegal.

3) When a car is indicating to overtake, should we ever try to overtake this car? (again, differing opinions...).

It would clearly depend on the circumstances.   On a normal road, then one would not attempt to overtake.  On a 3+ lane motorway, if the car was overtaking a car in the inside lane, and  you could safely overtake using the 'fast lane' OK

Like 0      
16 Oct 2014 8:21 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Sorry but I do not mean to be rude but if you truly do not know the answers to these 2 questions then are you really ready for your test. The answers are so obvious

Common road sense should tell you that both are not acceptable, dangerous and illegalwink

Like 0      
16 Oct 2014 8:27 AM by theline Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

What is "obvious",for most of the western world is not always obvious in Spain ;-).

I know that both these cases are clearly dangerous, but in the "official" learning materials I have, it says that these are both ok. I just need to know which answers trafico expect from me in order to pass this exam.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2014 9:02 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Theline,   I agree with you that often the obvious in Spain is not necessarily correct.  For example, I am sure that many people driving in Spain do not fully understand the rules relating to roundabouts, which are not the same as in UK, nor logical either. 

And I wonder how many drivers know that cyclists and motorcyclists, who do not have direction indicators,  are required to indicate with their LEFT arm when they are turning RIGHT. (arm straight out, bent at the elbow, so forearm pointing upward, like a police office, in UK and Spain,  directing traffic, stopping traffic coming towards him)

Might I suggest,  to avoid any problems/confusion that you ask at your driving school. 

Viewed from behind,   I am turning RIGHT hand signal

This message was last edited by johnzx on 16/10/2014.

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

18 month wait for appeal hearing - 20 posts
What would you sacrifice to speak Spanish like a native?!! - 6 posts
Photographer needed for set of one-off property pics (near Algorfa) - 4 posts
introduction - 11 posts
shipping wine back to Sydney - 6 posts
running a business from your home. - 4 posts
English Car Wanted - 1 posts
You have got laugh - 0 posts
Community Maintenance - 3 posts
Tax relief for property repairs - 1 posts
Leeds Bradford To Murcia No Flights !! - 6 posts
new rules for community pools - 6 posts
Hi, new to this, after some advice!!! Any help much appreciated! - 24 posts
Transparency Period - 2 posts
Dash Cams - 1 posts
Brittany. Ferry Guest Code - 2 posts
Brittany. Ferry Guest Code - 0 posts
heating - 14 posts
Catalonia Indepence Referendum - 9 posts
BARKING DOGS - 5 posts
Accident in hired car - 18 posts
Pay as you go broadband - 3 posts
Airports - Theme Parks - Now Motorways. - 5 posts
At the point of giving up. - 3 posts
GP IN LOS ALCAZARES? - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x