Is this lack of info strange from an agent ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 May 2014 5:22 PM by Spanishsteve Star rating in Surrey, Eastbourne &.... 81 posts Send private message

I have seen a property advertised on a property search website and filled in my details asking for info from the agent. I received an email today and a generic brochure so I emailed back asking for specific location of the apartment .i.e village or town etc and if they had a layout / plans of the apt. Allegedly 2 bed apts near golf resort near Denia, bank repos for 65k euros.
I then received a phone call some minutes later from the agent,so I asked where the location was and was told ' I can't tell you where the product is because our competitors would like to know too so they can get an advantage but their between Denia and Oliva'. I then asked about the layout and was told they did not have any details as they were bank repos. So I said, ' so I'm expected to fly to Spain to look at a property where I don't know where it is or the layout ?" The agent then rambled on about how good the 'product' was and how very few have not bought.
I've looked on the net and can't find properties which match the photos I have to see if another agent is also selling or even if they exist. I can imagine I fly over and surprise, the last one was sold yesterday!
I've never come across this before from an agent so all the alarm bells are ringing, any thoughts anybody ?

Like 0      
05 May 2014 6:09 PM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

The Spanish property market is a minefield and anyone can be an Estate Agent here. Luckily loads of these self professed experts have packed up and gone back to their day jobs in UK.

SAREB (banco malo) was created to handle the sales of all the repossessions and toxic debts from the Spanish commercial banks but last year they made a 1bn euro loss – paying the commercial banks commission on sales that they made on properties that they had given to SAREB, that SAREB couldn’t sell and gave back to the banks to sell (With me so far?).  See http://sareb.org/

Many Spanish banks have their own Estate Agencies so Google them and see what’s on offer. The web is packed with Agents who are ‘authorised’ by banks to sell ‘distressed’ properties so beware of them although there are genuine honest companies representing banks so take your time and look carefully.

With regard to the agent you have written about – simple advice............. run.

There are lots of deals to be had with thousands, if not millions of properties in Spain so the buyer is the boss and you buy on your terms.  Decide on your budget and find an Estate Agent you like and trust in the area you want to live in.

Good luck and take care.

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mobile phone!!! What's best deals??? - 6 posts
Inheritance Tax - 30 posts
Long term apartment required for rent - 0 posts
Long term apartment required for rent - 0 posts
Will Astra 2G Reinstate UK TV in Spain - 5 posts
Working regulations - 0 posts
Looking for Work Mazarron Region - 2 posts
Tribute festival - 0 posts
CÉDULA DE HABITABILIDAD - 53 posts
La Caixa bank - 0 posts
RosieMac - 15 posts
Hola - from a Scot in Lebrija - 0 posts
Berlingo - rear parcel shelf problem - 5 posts
Building a carport but where do I buy the wood? - 3 posts
RTN news on Barclaycard - 4 posts
Are the Spanish moveing away! - 3 posts
IBI Bill - am I wrong? - 9 posts
Long term apartment required for rent - 2 posts
Another wierd question - this time electric - 1 posts
Online 210 form - questions. - 6 posts
Online 2120 form - questions. - 0 posts
UK CGT - 5 posts
mobile gas & income tax - 4 posts
Tax on Bicycles? - 16 posts
Expat rates: Get out of Britannia before you lose out - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x