Professional EFL Teacher – Looking for legal employment

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Apr 2014 12:24 PM by SeñoraChang Star rating in UK (at present). 6 posts Send private message

SeñoraChang´s avatar

Hi all,

I’m a linguistics graduate and CELTA qualified EFL Teacher (trained in Britain) looking to settle in Spain, and am looking to pursue my career there. I’ve lived in Spain before (though it was a while ago) and previously taught English as a foreign language as a freelancer (before I qualified, I must admit!) in Spain and South East Asia.

I’m looking for a long-term, legal position, though I’m open minded about area. I would prefer something near Almeria city (Roquetas, Aguadulce etc.) but I’m open minded and am happy to consider other regions, particularly around Alicante city (inc. environs), Cartagena city (inc. Mar Menor and Mazzaron), and also the Canary cities (Santa Cruz, La Laguna, Las Palmas and envrions)

This is my chosen career, and in return for a legitimate, above board contract with support and positive attitudes toward ongoing professional development, I do offer a long term and professional commitment. If you are interested then please do get in touch and I can provide more information. I am particularly interested in work with older children in Cambridge exam preparation, business English and English for work in tourism.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2014 5:42 PM by Sanchez1 Star rating. 853 posts Send private message

I would prefer something near Almeria city (Roquetas, Aguadulce etc.) but I’m open minded and am happy to consider other regions, particularly around Alicante city (inc. environs), Cartagena city (inc. Mar Menor and Mazzaron), and also the Canary cities (Santa Cruz, La Laguna, Las Palmas and envrions)

Hi,

These are all areas with extremely high levels of unemployment.  I think you would be better off looking for work in Madrid or some of the other big cities in northern Spain.

Read my blog: Spain Money Saving Tips and Offers 

Use TransferWise to send money abroad. A lot cheaper than the bank and other online currency exchanges!.

Like 0      
12 Apr 2014 5:50 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Agree with Sanchez1 there are so many people wanting to do this and if they do find a legal job (very rare) the rates are very low as they are competing against those who do it on the black

i wish you the best of luck and stay positive

Like 0      
13 Apr 2014 12:58 AM by SeñoraChang Star rating in UK (at present). 6 posts Send private message

SeñoraChang´s avatar

I've got an interview in Madrid as it happens, so there definitely is more activity up on the meseta, but I wanted to put out feelers for other options too. Belts and braces, as they say! 

That said, I wonder if unemployment may help out EFL teachers, as more people consider emigrating to UK/Ireland/Swden etc., in search of work?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Floor Clause - 0 posts
Something new. Something different. An introduction thread! - 3 posts
Possible changes to tax allowances in UK, and IHT in Spain - 13 posts
Crime in gated and non-gated communities - 1 posts
spanish health care - 3 posts
Mosquito screens & security shutters/grills plus window bars/grills - 4 posts
How to report loose dogs. - 12 posts
VPN Server - 0 posts
getting marriage blessed in spain - 0 posts
Vista Hermosa Pramanga Court Ruling - 0 posts
Barclays online - 22 posts
You will never text and drive again after watching this. - 2 posts
easyJet Flights Oct -Feb '15 - 0 posts
Scammed - 7 posts
Cortijo de Torreblanca - case submitted to the court of first instance - 15 posts
3.4 million empty homes....where are they? - 44 posts
What if I sell ? - 0 posts
Builder illegally connected electricity - 7 posts
Looking for a job - 1 posts
nigella lawson usa - 7 posts
itv - 2 posts
Malaga airport departures questionnaire - 36 posts
Alicanti Airport .. Gold Car .. unused fuel process - 6 posts
contract phone - 16 posts
Corvera Airport - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x