Barclays online

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Apr 2014 4:42 PM by TandA Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

TandA´s avatar

Anyone having a problem with barclays online banking in Spain the last 2 days?

Like 0      
09 Apr 2014 4:48 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar
I have used it today without any problems I noticed however they are about to launch an upgrade to their website I don't know if this could be causing problems

Like 0      
09 Apr 2014 11:17 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Yes,I have been having Invalid website certificate errors coming up. I ran my Registry Cleaner and the error went away. What problems have you been having with Barclays Online.

Nigel

Like 0      
10 Apr 2014 5:38 AM by TandA Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

TandA´s avatar

Same.. I've been getting the invalid security certificate error on the normal link. It says the certificate is not for barclays.es but for publico.barclays.es

Tried everything including registry cleaning, (even using a different computer.)

The link that will work is:

http://publico.barclays.es/en/particulares/loginBnet.html

but is not https nor does it have www. in it. It looks a bit 'lite' so I haven't logged in using it. Could be a scam.

Will phone barclays today.

Like 0      
11 Apr 2014 10:03 AM by TandA Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

TandA´s avatar

Nigel

I phoned Barclays and was assured that it was safe. They told me they were updating the site.

Overnight I received a text to say Barclays have updated their site. The warning was still there so I went into my branch and they said not to use online banking for a few days as there is a problem. I suppose the missing 's' on http:\\ is a warning.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2014 7:14 PM by WABAK1 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi

I have had problems getting in to the Barclays website for about a week and I am still getting the following message:

You attempted to reach barclays. es, but instead you actually reached a server identifying itself as publico. barclays. es. This may be caused by a misconfiguration on the server or by something more serious. An attacker on your network could be trying to get you to visit a fake (and potentially harmful) version of barclays. es.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.
If I proceed it says Page Not Found.
I have not heard anything from Barclays at all about this issue.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2014 8:01 PM by TandA Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

TandA´s avatar

Hi WABAK1

Barclays have still not said anything reassuring, I had to make a large transaction and they asked me to go to the branch and they would do it for me instead of risking the online site. The staff were aware of the problem but I don't think that they have been briefed on it. Since then (and again on the advice of branch staff, I have used the new link. It does eventually arrive on an "https" page but.... only after the input of username, password and card coordinates. I've used it for several days and no problem so far.

have a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heartbleed

which seems to have been the problem they are all wrestling with. I'm sure that Barclays are just being careful about any announcement in case it lays them open to any liability claim. (No surprise there - "bankers"!

Good luck!

This message was last edited by TandA on 16/04/2014.

Like 0      
24 Apr 2014 8:21 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

The new website is online. I had a hell of a job gaining access today as you now have to have a 6 digit password. There is also some sort of electronic dni (whatever that is) for registration.

I have just got off the telephone as they rang me in the UK after my asking. The username is still mt passport number, I guessed at what my 6 digit number would be and then added the code from the card. Access was then granted. Once into the system, it is the same, it is the entry portal that has changed.

Mark

Like 0      
01 May 2014 3:44 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

I am also having problems logging into this site. I am being asked for the co-ordinates of two numbers but my card has numbers and letters so I cannot put in the code that they want. Any help ?

Like 0      
01 May 2014 3:59 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Be careful friendly, make sure you are not being directed to a scam site!

Just checked and It works fine.

https://publico.barclays.es/ then click on BarclaysNet on the right at the top of the page

When logged in it wll give you the two co-ordinates (ie A1) and you enter the two digit number that corresponds from your code card.

Like 0      
01 May 2014 4:00 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi There

After entering your user name and password,I get the same information as below.Just have to look at your Code Card for the 2 digit number by looking at row 8 and column  J. Enter the  2 digit number using the Barclays Keypad  and press the accept button with your mouse.

Password access

To continue please insert the following number 8J  from your coordinates card and click "OK"

Good Luck

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 01/05/2014.

Nigel

Like 0      
01 May 2014 4:10 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

Hi Nigel 

It is not giving me a letter and and a digit. It is giving me two digits. Example 75 not 7F so I cannot put the code from the card.

This message was last edited by friendly on 01/05/2014.

Like 0      
01 May 2014 5:18 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi

Suggest you Contact BarclaysNet using their Contact Form and somebody will get back to you in a few days.I do not understand how you are getting 2 Numbers instead of a Number and a Letter.It is all a bit strange to me.

Hope everything comes right in the end.

Nigel

Like 0      
01 May 2014 7:39 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

Hi Nigel. I agree it is a bit strange. I will try to log in again and if I still have the same problem I will contact them. Thanks for your help.

Angela

Like 0      
01 May 2014 7:58 PM by marlowjen Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

I have had no problems you just need to click on Barclays net at the top!

Like 0      
01 May 2014 8:10 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

Hi 

Thats what I done. I have just tried to log in again and I am getting a message saying there is a server error. I will try again tomorrow. Thanks

Like 0      
01 May 2014 8:26 PM by marlowjen Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

You are right as that has happened to me just now. It was not a problem a few days ago??? It is a bank holiday today and I will try again tomorrow and go into Barclays here where they speak or some staff do, excellent English.

Like 0      
01 May 2014 8:47 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Lucky you still have a branch. They closed the one in Mojacar last year sad, I have to do most things by secure message nowm unless their call centre rings me.

Like 0      
01 May 2014 9:14 PM by friendly Star rating in North Lanarkshire. 125 posts Send private message

Our branch was in San Pedro, then it was moved to Los Alcazeras, it was moved again to Cartagena. So I can only guess that these two branches were closed.

Like 0      
02 May 2014 12:27 PM by marlowjen Star rating. 73 posts Send private message

This am I got into the site at my first attempt minutes ago, and guess the site was down last pm for routine maintanence/updating.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

You will never text and drive again after watching this. - 2 posts
easyJet Flights Oct -Feb '15 - 0 posts
Scammed - 7 posts
Cortijo de Torreblanca - case submitted to the court of first instance - 15 posts
3.4 million empty homes....where are they? - 44 posts
What if I sell ? - 0 posts
Builder illegally connected electricity - 7 posts
Looking for a job - 1 posts
nigella lawson usa - 7 posts
itv - 2 posts
Malaga airport departures questionnaire - 36 posts
Alicanti Airport .. Gold Car .. unused fuel process - 6 posts
contract phone - 16 posts
Corvera Airport - 12 posts
SECURITY DEPOSIT ON RENTAL PROPERTIES IN THE VALENCIAN COMMUNITY - 2 posts
Opening a Bar Restaurant on Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Community Voting - 3 posts
Driving to Spain with dogs - 4 posts
Car hire with pick up after midnight at Malaga airport - 2 posts
Helping 3 kids in India - 0 posts
Big Ben - 1 posts
Car Hire (back up plan) - 6 posts
Poker in EStepona - 0 posts
dining room table for sale - 2 posts
Spanish Public deficit nearly on target at 6.62% - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 23

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x