Lloyds Bank International changing to Banco Sabadell - Distance Banking

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Feb 2014 5:36 PM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Has anyone who is about to become customers of Banco Sabadell following the transfer of Lloyds International, tried to activate their recently received key card for Distance Banking?

The accompanying letter says to go into the Lloyds site , enter Online Banking and select the option ACTIVATE NOW

I can't find anywhere that gives that option - thought I'd try forum members before calling them.

Cheers 

Like 0      
09 Feb 2014 5:55 PM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

I just logged into lloydsinternational.es in the normal way and there was a great big button "activate now" which when I clicked on it took me to Banco Sabadell and I followed the on screen instructions.

I did that on Friday....unless it has disappeared now?

David

Like 0      
09 Feb 2014 6:44 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

I went on the Lloyds site last night and sure enough there was a big 'Activate Now' button, after clicking it nothing happened.  So I read the letter again and then went to the Banco Sabadell site and logged in using my Lloyds user name and password and then followed the on screen instruction to complete registration.

You cannot carry out any transactions on the Banco Sabadell website, I think that will come after the March 14th transfer date

This message was last edited by kelju on 09/02/2014.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2014 7:16 PM by AdrianH Star rating in UK (mostly) / Los Mo.... 23 posts Send private message

It seems like there was a false start with the letters arriving before the website was updated !

Not a great start and I understand the charges will kick in very soon for the privilege of being a customer in receipt of such excellent services.

Like 0      
09 Feb 2014 8:56 PM by AdrianH Star rating in UK (mostly) / Los Mo.... 23 posts Send private message

And now it's activated it's refusing to let me logon again !

Anyone recommend a good bank with no charges and online access which actually works ?

Like 1      
09 Feb 2014 10:23 PM by Reliant Robin Star rating in Alhaurin Golf, CDS. 19 posts Send private message

I have had the same problem and rang Lloyds on Friday.  The helpful spanish operator has had the same problem.  Sabadell ask for a four digit code as well as your usual login.  The four digits are the first four digits of your original six digit code you already use.  The activate button still does not show on the Lloyds page so I used the link below. 

1. Click on the link BS Online and use your usual Lloyds login with just the first 4 numbers of your pin number and this takes you to the activate page.

2. Complete the sections with Foreign number, unless you have spanish one, and your email address.  Further down there is a box for your card number and a further box for the code on the back of your card. To enter this number you use a keypad on the right of the screen to enter.

Bingo now to see if I have won one of 5 Ipad Minis.cool

Hope this helps.

https://www.bancsabadell.com/cs/Satellite/SabAtl/BS-Online/1191332203410/en/

Like 0      
09 Feb 2014 11:15 PM by AdrianH Star rating in UK (mostly) / Los Mo.... 23 posts Send private message

Robin,

Thanks. I had already done all that and been activated. So far, so good. Then after activation finished and I tried to logon it locked me out saying it no longer recognised me. I think it may be because we started with Halifax way back when and have only ever had a 6 digit pin so whilst the activation worked the subsequent login failed.

I have requested a new pin and got an automated acknowledgement so we will see what happens next. The most annoying thing was that to log a request it wanted a phone number. Nice and easy if you're in Spain but unrecognised if you're trying to put any other number like the one your using at home in England.

I am certain now I will be moving bank as fast as I can.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2014 9:40 AM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

I was in my branch in Calahonda last week and was told the information sent out regarding charges was generic and that they would be aiming to move each customer to the nearest similar account available. There is no such thing as free banking in Spain so personally I will wait to see what they actually offer before moving

David

Like 0      
10 Feb 2014 12:24 PM by longlegpete Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

We were Halifax then Lloyds, signed in to Sabedell then logged out and can sign in again no problem, can't do any banking until the March changeover but it seams to work, as for charges the Lloyds account I think was 25€ a year and as I understand it Sabedell is 50€ With up to 4 free transactions a month , if you have have 700€ a month going in its free plus cashback on bills

Like 0      
10 Feb 2014 2:04 PM by PAL Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

I've tried again and can't see any "activate now" button. Is this on the Lloyds Bank site before or after you have logged in?

Like 0      
10 Feb 2014 4:15 PM by longlegpete Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

It's was on the Lloyds site after you logged in, doesn't matter all you need to do is go to the Sabedell web site and click on the link to SB Online, then put your Lloyds user id in then the first 4 digits of your Lloyds password, that's it job done for now, they also do a good App if you have a smartphone

This message was last edited by longlegpete on 10/02/2014.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2014 5:46 PM by PAL Star rating. 31 posts Send private message

Thanks. I've done that and all worked fine.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 8:48 PM by pumpkin Star rating in Essex & San Cayetano. 110 posts Send private message

pumpkin´s avatar

Thanks to all for your replies.  Have 'activated' the card through the Sabadell route as recommended & it seems to have worked.  Fingers crossed for when the account info. moves over!!!

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 9:18 PM by AdrianH Star rating in UK (mostly) / Los Mo.... 23 posts Send private message

Well my account is now working but customer services have emailed to say I must drop in to my local branch to sort things out before I can logon. It seems since Sabadell are adamant didn't reset my activation status and I can logon it must have miraculously fixed itself. A very clever computer and a frightening level of support when the customer service team don't understand how their website and support tools work. It doesn't fill me with confidence that this is a secure way of banking particularly as the process to activate the account has not been even close to the instructions sent out to customers.

Thanks to everyone for the input and any suggestions for good banks around Los Montesinos or San Miguel would be gratefully received.

Like 0      
19 Feb 2014 9:30 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Our experiences echo most of those here. We have decided on yet another tiresome visit to the bank to sort it out.

I wonder if Lloyds Sabadell ever cottoned on to a concept called ‘Mystery Shopping’. It has been around for about fifty years. They set aside staff to scan forums like this to gauge customer response to their services. This small initiative would indicate that the service is dysfunctional.

Not so long ago they changed the log on requirements (to NIE) number and never thought to tell their customers.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

FREE Guide on Spanish Wills and Spain IHT - 5 posts
FREE Guide on Setting a Company in Spain - 0 posts
Administrators - 0 posts
cost upsizing satellite dish - 14 posts
Swing Seat - 0 posts
androi for tv - 5 posts
Nice Coastal Resorts Near Valencia - 3 posts
CAN I STILL SKY IN COSTA DEL SOL WITH MULTIROOM - 16 posts
Supreme Court and liabilities of Banks and Property valuers - 0 posts
Farnsfield - 7 posts
Iberdrola have cut us off - Help! - 10 posts
.GONE - 28 posts
Broadband - Mijas Area - 1 posts
aguilas carnival march 2014 - 0 posts
Repossession Pending - Drive By Valuation - Lawyers - 5 posts
Housing market will stabilise this year, says FUNCAS - 1 posts
Santander bank goes from strength to strength - 5 posts
95% of Spaniards believe corruption is generalised - 1 posts
Private banking in Spain? - 0 posts
Is Cannabis Legal in Spain? - 5 posts
feeling frustrated - 1 posts
Astra 2E the transponder frequency change over begins - 47 posts
valtocado mijas, cartama near villafranco - 1 posts
Cancel Utilities - 14 posts
Short Term 2 to 3 month rental - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x