Incoming Russians. Clients or Business Rivals

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Jan 2014 2:33 PM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

Good post, Woodbug.  The biggest threat to Costa estate agencies and property related industries is that coming from the burgeoning Russian business community.   Russian-owned real estate agencies will harvest Russian-speaking clients.   As did the Asians in Britain, Russian speakers across all the services will exploit the Costa communities appalling reputation for complacency, poor service and downright cheating.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 1      
20 Jan 2014 10:32 AM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

Do Russian businesses have a better reputation then? From my own experience in dealing with both Russian and Spanish businesses, I must say I prefer the Spanish way. In Russia, the most important thing is who you know. In Spain it is too, but at least in Spain you can get to know the right people if you try. In Russia, in my experiennce, its very much closed shop. This is only my humble opinion. I'd be happy to be corrected by those who have made better experiences.

Like 0      
20 Jan 2014 10:59 AM by mike_walsh Star rating in Torrevieja. 594 posts Send private message

mike_walsh´s avatar

You make a valid point. However, in my experience there is, in terms of attitude, much that separates those who seek a new life abroad from those who stay at home, wherever home might be.

The British - and East Africans found to their cost that Asian immigrants …. and in Britain’s case the more recent Eastern European arrivals were prepared to work harder, be more competitively priced and offer real customer service. They are more honest and better qualified. As a consequence British-owned corner shops, fast food outlets, small businesses and the building trades fell victim.

The Costas were a magnet for Britain‘s work-shy and frankly, cowboys and conmen. The Costa Blanca earned the sobriquet 'Dumping ground for Britain's trailer trash'; The Costa del Sol, long before the Russians arrived was known as the Costa del Crime.  However, the Russians and Eastern Europeans here in Spain are similar in entrepreneurial attitude to their brethren who ventured to the British isles. The consequences will be the same.

If the more lackadaisical business community doesn’t pull its socks up then they will find their customers deserting in droves to Russian and Eastern European tradesmen who do live up to their promises.

As I pointed out in a related post, driven to my wits end by work-shy incompetent smooth-talking home-grown tradesmen I have returned to my ‘British’ computer tradesman - who is Rumanian.

Russian - English Translations, Copywriting and Ghostwiting. Check my Website or email keyboardcosmetics@gmail.com for details

www.keyboardcosmetics.com

Like 1      
20 Jan 2014 2:19 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

My friend wanted a swimming pool put in his back garden, (Spain) an English guy costed it, think about 10 / 11,000€ fully finished, the pool building men arrived when they said they would on time, then looked at the site for the pool and said "Just go to get tools" they did, One wheelbarrow, two shovels, two pickaxes, two Russians dug the hole fully by hand in next to no time,  completed everything on time, and it is 1st class all round.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bank repos 20% higher than open market prices - 7 posts
Reporting Crimes in Spain ( by telephone) - 0 posts
Letting estate agents :mijas pueblo - 0 posts
Astra 2E on the move. - 2 posts
Disabled provision/access within communities, financial implications, and existing regulations. - 0 posts
Long term let or holiday let - 11 posts
DOES PC STAND FOR POOR CUALITY IN SPAIN - 9 posts
Chinese supermarket near La Zenia Boulevard - 2 posts
Man Writes Lengthy Complaint To Airline - Must Read! - 1 posts
Flights big blokes - 11 posts
Cumbre del Sol - 3 posts
Gestor in Pamplona - 0 posts
The Wisdom of Carrying a Camera - 19 posts
Non EU spouse of a British national entering Gibraltar. - 12 posts
Road side fines from the Guardia - 47 posts
Getting a UK car MOT'd in Spain - 39 posts
Indoor swimming pool Fuengirola - 2 posts
Place in the Sun - 4 posts
mortgages - 5 posts
Cameron awards MBE to his barber - 5 posts
form 210 - 1 posts
Amazon.es - 2 posts
condado golf society - 0 posts
Credit where its due - 4 posts
Passinthru - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x