JET2 Flights

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by scrufty Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

scrufty´s avatar

Does anyone know if Jet2 have plans to fly to Murcia between November this year and Feb next year from Newcastle ?

I am aware that flights have been released up to Oct 28th 2007 and from Feb 2008 until Nov 2008 but what's happened with this winter ?.

I've tried calling them but only get sales peolpe who tell me that if it's not on the web site then they can't help !!

Thanks

Like 0      
02 Aug 2007 7:37 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Jet2 sell their flights in blocks to cover certain periods.  They don't release seasonal flights until closer to the date and I think you'll find they won't advertise flights from November to February until closer to the end of the current period which ends in October.  As the Feb 2008 flights will be approaching the Spring season (when it starts getting busy again), these are already on sale.

If you go to their website and try to book Newcastle to Murcia (or Murcia to Newcastle whichever is advertised) it should give you the dates the Winter flights go on sale.

And, no, I don't know why they do it that way, maybe they try to assess the demand before committing aircraft to a non-busy time of the year.

Alternatively, Easyjet do Newcastle to Alicante at the time of the year but not Murcia (a lot of airlines don't use Murcia during the Winter months, supply and demand I guess).

Like 0      
02 Aug 2007 9:22 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar

Scrufty,

I managed to book Newcastle to Alicante a few days ago for 5 adults for the Christmas period.  Total cost then was 660.00.  I checked today and the price has risen to 1,072.40.  I had been searching for a while for the winter flights and must have hit lucky (for once I might add).

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 10:43 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

which airline are you flying with?  Is it Jet2?  Didnt realise they flew to alicante from newcastle thought it was just murcia?

This message was last edited by AuntieEm on 8/3/2007.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2007 2:00 PM by hudsey Star rating in Hexham, Northumberla.... 120 posts Send private message

hudsey´s avatar

Hi AuntieEm,

Easyjet.  XL.com , Thomsonfly also go from Newcastle.  Only Jet2 go to Murcia the others are Alicante.  I always check all of them as the prices can vary greatly.  Also, it's not alwasy Jet2 or Easyjet that have the best offers.

Like 0      
05 Aug 2007 2:07 PM by dringman Star rating in www.Condadoexcursion.... 772 posts Send private message

dringman´s avatar

http://www.skyscanner.net

do your own comparison

www.condadoexcursions.com   Airport Transfers Day Trips Alhama de Murcia Taxi No 10  
tel +441212881323   +34 622714979

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 7:21 PM by KC60 Star rating in Sunderland / Balsic.... 139 posts Send private message

KC60´s avatar

Hi

I found XL to be the cheapest from Newcastle, but they only fly to Alicante, as for skyscanner its crap, sorry, they dont cover all the airlines just the ones that give them commission.

Example, went to Murcia in the last 2 weeks, used skyscanner and the prices were way to high, tried Jet2 and for 3 of us it was over £600, as for Thompson, easyjet, and the rest they were all around the £590 mark,  went with XL for the 3 of us for £315

Like 0      
06 Aug 2007 8:54 PM by dringman Star rating in www.Condadoexcursion.... 772 posts Send private message

dringman´s avatar

Great if you live in Newcastle   Midlands a bit different  XL doesn't cover us.

Looks OK  Murcia to Manchester  so when I live in Spain can get a flight home to family . I am from the North to me

still a Southener to you.  My son's friend in Uni is from Middlesborough  and never wears a coat.  He thinks its a bit soft to wear a coat, he speaks his mind as well. Ok for us  but down here they get a bit offended.

Bought in Balsicas eh? good connections all around from there. We are buying on Condado de Alhama Polaris.

I though originally a bit posh for me, but once you have tried it you want more .

Keep finding the deals

www.condadoexcursions.com   Airport Transfers Day Trips Alhama de Murcia Taxi No 10  
tel +441212881323   +34 622714979

Like 0      
08 Aug 2007 1:03 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

jet2.com have released their winter flights (Xmas) from Newcastle to Murcia, and prices are very competative.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2007 10:56 PM by scrufty Star rating. 157 posts Send private message

scrufty´s avatar

Thanks AuntieEM, flights booked for the New Year and some nice cheap ones for my parents in November, I'm still not getting the notification from Jet2 that I was via e-mail that the flights are out (did you ?).

Cheers

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 7:47 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Hi Scruffy

Glad you got sorted.  I got my first email from Jet2 ... just happened to be home at lunchtime ... went straight into website and booked some flights, then came on here to post that the flights were available, then went back onto the site (out of noseyness!) and the flights that i had booked had gone up by £25 return per person - it was literally 5 minutes later!   How scary is that?

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 7:59 AM by jencoo Star rating in east Yorkshire/ Daya.... 131 posts Send private message

The price increase on flights is not always to do with time. If you trwl through the flight options and revisit a site to book the best buy, you will nearly always find it has gone up.

This is because the computer saves a cookie related to that page, and the host computer looks for it before connecting you, and if visited before the price is automatically increased. Try deleting the cookies and you might still get the flights at the same price. It works.

Steve

Info obtained from moneysaving expert.com

Like 0      
11 Aug 2007 8:03 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Thats a top tip Steve,  Thanks very much!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long Let - New 3 Bed 3 Bath Townhouse nr. Villamartin/San Miguel de Salinas - 2 posts
Cellophane wrap - 5 posts
Mar Azul International School - 6 posts
LONG LET REQUIRED - 3 posts
Is this a silly question, - 11 posts
Want to take my dog to spain to live - 1 posts
Just joined - 5 posts
Just Joined - 5 posts
The Bridge at Balsicas. - 4 posts
Train link from Costa Del Sol to southern France - 4 posts
Suite Del Mar - CDS - 0 posts
Swimming pool constuctors and all the jargon that goes with it. - 2 posts
Mystery Guests - 2 posts
Mystery Guests - 0 posts
AVE High Speed Train Murcia to Almeria - 16 posts
Santa Ana Del Monte Completion Dates For 2007 - 1 posts
Looking for Part Loads to Murcia Region in Mid Oct - 0 posts
3 Beds fully furnished and equipped apartment in Gandia available for rent - 0 posts
Snaggers wanted - 5 posts
Sept rental wanted in Palomares Almeria - 0 posts
Los Llanos del Peral - 1 posts
Sept Rental wanted Palomares Almeria - 0 posts
Torrox Pueblo - 1 posts
Bed and Breakfast - 1 posts
work has begun - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x