Mystery Guests

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Aug 2007 12:00 AM by normansands Star rating in Kent. 1281 posts Send private message

Has anyone else had mystery guests via La Quinta rental services?

We have had unexplained use of the apartment with furniture damage, electricity used, cleaning incomplete and crockery left in the dishwasher.

Also when we notified a personal booking we were told that they had already booked for that same time but had not yet notified us.

Is this unique to our apartment?

Anyone know what is going on???

Any advice please?

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 3:10 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

I don't know about this specific management company but we were advised not to put our property with an agent for this very reason.

It is apparently an issue that has occurred with many different agents.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 4:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

It certainly is quite a money earner for agents, isn't it ? Wouldn't you think though that after they'd rented it out & pocketed the proceeds they'd go in & blitz the rental spotless to hide evidence anyone had been there ?

Nothing to do with rentals now but we gave our keys to a British builder ( who seemed to be well liked around our new urb & doing lots of work ) so he could access our home for (mains) electricity for his drills & tools to cut tiles etc as he was to tile around our property. (Water was available outside, we were on builder's water.) We left our house spotless. We told him not to allow anyone inside apart from himself. When we arrived about two months later he'd left our place filthy. The toilet was ugh!! (Enuff said & I'd cleaned it & left Toilet Duck in it), the whole 200gram jar of expensive Kenco coffee was all gone. Our six black mugs had all been used & just obviously rinsed out quickly & wiped around with my clean tea towel that I had left hanging over the horizontal handle of the oven. That was thrown to one side, rust coloured all over from coffee stains, mugs needed scrubbing out. God knows why they used almost a full bottle of concentrated washing up liquid either, maybe to wash their hands. The sink was a mess with God knows what in it. I tried to have it out with him about it all but what do you do with someone who wouldn't accept responsibility ?

I should've thought we may have bother as we called at someone's property where he was working some time before we asked him to do work for us & we were telling him we would be needing grills & a roof on the open galleria area. He had someone in mind & said come through this couple's home to the rear in order for us to see his mate's job at putting a roof on their galleria. It was the same style house. He should never have allowed us access & I wonder how many now he allowed into ours. I could go on & on about bad workmanship, we know a few. Like our expensive grills that were meant to be maintenance free with powder coating. (Began rusting within six weeks.)

Sorry, I do go on when thinking about it all..........................................................

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/1/2007.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Mystery Guests - 0 posts
AVE High Speed Train Murcia to Almeria - 16 posts
Santa Ana Del Monte Completion Dates For 2007 - 1 posts
Looking for Part Loads to Murcia Region in Mid Oct - 0 posts
3 Beds fully furnished and equipped apartment in Gandia available for rent - 0 posts
Snaggers wanted - 5 posts
Sept rental wanted in Palomares Almeria - 0 posts
Los Llanos del Peral - 1 posts
Sept Rental wanted Palomares Almeria - 0 posts
Torrox Pueblo - 1 posts
Bed and Breakfast - 1 posts
work has begun - 17 posts
Goodbye Canada, Hello Spain. - 4 posts
Meeting at the Town Hall on fri 19th jan 2007 - 1 posts
Valparaiso Restaurant Mijas V Villa Tiberia Marbella - 6 posts
2 GB Sony Memory Cards for sale Pro duos - 0 posts
New or Nearly New Sofa Required - 0 posts
Diesel and Petrol Prices in Spain - 0 posts
New to the site - 5 posts
Toys desperately needed CB south - 4 posts
House names in Spain - 10 posts
Replacement remote control for Rocca Air Conditioning - 0 posts
New boy needs advice - 3 posts
The little yellow stars - 22 posts
Hallo - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x