I would sit in the wing for that price

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Oct 2013 3:22 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I think it's the crowing about being able to afford so many flights,  at cheap prices, that touches a nerve with people, who also work very hard, but  owing to the school year, have no choice about when to holiday with their  children, and have to pay very high prices for their only holiday. It just has a whiff of smugness about it!

I understand about business, supply and demand and making hay while the sun shines, and all that, but airlines could come up with a fairer system for families , even if it did mean that the El amillos had to pay a bit more.

Can you read? or do you get someone else to read the post out to you and by that persons choice they miss bits out, then you answer.

The poster never "crowed" about being able to afford so many flights at all,  just mentioned the one flight for that low price, their was no mention of "So many flights" at any other cheap price, and by reading the answers the only nerve it seems to have touched is yours.

How do you know if this person works 7 days a week for weeks on end, 15 or more hours a day, and saves all the extra money to visit the house, how do you know if these visits were for long weekends only, and even you must know ....well perhaps not....it's sometimes cheaper to fly to Spain for 4 days then go down to Cornwall for 4 days.

I have flown out to Spain for the day, yes one day, 6am flight out, car, drive to house, in the pool about 10.30am, dinner, visit friends, last flight back home, get home indoors about 12.30am, never got any cheap flights though....That other cheeky"SMUG" chappie pinched them all, so i had to pay top whack....

I will also expect to be called "SMUG" and get some more loverly thumbs down.

This person mentioned they got a cheap flight, and it seems to be only the one perhaps, which enabled them to go to Spain sooner then expected...and thats them being smug?

If airlines came up with a fairer cheaper system for people to fly during the summer holidays they would put the price up on all other flights for the rest of the year to counter balance it, then people like you would only moan that thanks to the overall price increase you cant fly as cheap as you used to in all the other months, you have the chance to get these flights as well you know, this person didn't have the sole concession on them you know.

Like 6      
30 Oct 2013 4:12 PM by El alamillo Star rating in Nottingham & El Alam.... 221 posts Send private message

I understand about business, supply and demand and making hay while the sun shines, and all that, but airlines could come up with a fairer system for families , even if it did mean that the El amillos had to pay a bit more.

Pay more . Why me. I can see me explaining to Mr O'leary that I would like to pay more so that kids and chaves can sit in the row behind me bouncing there tray table and kicking the back of my seat. I should Co Co.

There I have said it!!!!!!!!!

There I got my 200. Yipeeeeeee.

This message was last edited by El alamillo on 30/10/2013.

Like 4      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

tax on uk property - 2 posts
Permission De circulation catagories. What do they mean? - 6 posts
Cadastral Crazy? - 17 posts
Spanish inheritance tax reclaim for non residents. - 7 posts
Misselling - 0 posts
(Part ex) LHD Volkswagen Passat Advance 2.0 TDI 140 CV BlueMotion Technology - 0 posts
Phone battery - 5 posts
Political Party Donations - 1 posts
Best place for a kitchen on Eastern Costa Del Sol? - 1 posts
Endesa - 2 posts
Bar Restaurant for sale La Manga - 0 posts
Advice please - thinking of closing our bank account to avoid rip-off fees - 26 posts
Charity shop opening hours - 2 posts
Exclusivity with estate agent. - 86 posts
stopovers Madrid to Malaga - 2 posts
URGENT SALE - this week - 0 posts
Do we or don't we?! - 6 posts
Hello all at Eye on Spain - a little advice please? - 5 posts
The property market is being demolished ! - 6 posts
Arriving at Santander and driving to Murcia - 1 posts
How long does the purchase take to compete? - 22 posts
Taxi to St Javier Airport - 5 posts
translators - 1 posts
car ownership - 1 posts
solar panels - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x