New boy needs advice

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by Stuie Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello everyone this is the first message I have ever posted on any forum. I feel like the newboy in the office. Anyway my wife and I and two children are seriously considering relocating to Spain (Alicante, Murcia). Any advice on where to start would be gratefully received. I was thinking that when we make the plunge we would initially rent with a view to purchasing within 6 to 12 months. My 14 year old daughter is our main concern because at the present she speaks little Spanish and we think she may suffer at school as a result. Our other daughter is only 4 and I think she would soon settle into a state school.

Advice on any of the above please.

Thanks  Stuart.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2007 11:32 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Stui

Welcome to the forum. That is a very tricky one. we have a 15 year old daughter who is sitting GCSE's next year so I can see your dilemma at that age. I'm sorry i can't give you any advice on the transition over from british schools to Spanish as to what sort of options they would have and how different the curriculum would be but i'm sure that others who have been through it would be able to help. Enjoy the forum. I have made so many friends through it and it's so informative too. Any other help about areas i might be able to help, I will try.

Like 0      
29 Jul 2007 11:40 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Stuart

Your eldest needs to go to an International school at her age but, as you say, your little one will do well in a local school & will integrate better with the Spanish kids.

There's so much advice on here & all new members ask exactly the same questions so explore the forum. We'll help wherever we can but please look at other threads as most of us have worn our fingers out saying the same thing so often, ha ha !

Renting is a good option as you'll have a lot more time & will see many areas at leisure. We have two lovely estate agents posting on EOS from the areas you're planning to look in. If I was you I'd contact these two great guys. "Georgia" is in Guardamar near where we live & "Gillespie" is in Puerto de Mazarron, I believe. I had the great priviledge to meet both in June & they are smashing guys. Between them they'll advise you best. Tell them I gave you their details.

Email shaun@rightmoveespana.com (Georgia) of http://www.rightmoveespana.com/

Email ken@propertyshopsgroup.com (Gillespie) of http://www.propertyshopsgroup.com

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 7:26 AM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

Hi Stui,

Welcome.  i have only been posting on this forum for a couple of weeks and people here have been extremely helpful.  One of the members recommended a couple of books which i got and am finding very useful.  I dont know whether we can post that kind of information on the forum or not (is it seen as advertising?) so i will send you a PM with the details.  You might find it useful.

Good Luck

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

The little yellow stars - 22 posts
Hallo - 10 posts
Bought some bits and pieces today - 47 posts
Small van/Big van any where in Spain... - 3 posts
When is a child not a child? - 2 posts
Where inland? - 5 posts
Caryn NY - 2 posts
Hi from Alan & Elaine - 6 posts
Key holder/cleaner/handover person wanted for Aloe on Valle Del Este - 1 posts
SMILEY APOLOGISES - 2 posts
Where to Live in Spain...and Why? - 69 posts
How long - 7 posts
Manilva Park - 12 posts
New Passport Delivery Service in Spain - 4 posts
holistic therapy ? - 4 posts
thinking about work - 11 posts
Compensation for Late Completion of Property - 1 posts
wanted accomodation at Nueva Ribera for one week from Monday coming ! - 1 posts
Legal Costs - 6 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east from Marbella. - 3 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east of Marbella). - 0 posts
Lawyer in Ibiza - recommendation please - 0 posts
moving soon to spain help needed - 9 posts
TAPRISA 97 Torrevieja area - 3 posts
Directions from Murcia airpot to Vera - 16 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x