thinking about work

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by gigglymushroom Star rating in stavanger Norway. 21 posts Send private message

good evening,love this site!

still flicking around trying to get my barings.looking for somewhere to rent for maybe 12 months and the prices seem not to bad to buy.the trouble is for us we need such a lot of space and need the bedrooms with 5 children.

im hoping to get some work once we have settled and the children are happy in their schools.i am a qualified holistic therapist .the treatments i do are aromatherapy/massage,reflexology,indian head,hot stone massage,hopi ear candles,healing and i teach baby massage.i will be qualified to teach adult learners in groups/workshops in all of the mentioned treatments buy the time we make the move to spain.

do you think there will be an interest in the work i do?

Like 0      
31 Jul 2007 3:59 PM by mervy Star rating in oriheula. 138 posts Send private message

unfortunately a lot of people dismiss holistic therapy choosing medical instead but i am a great fan myself.i suffer from back problems and i swear by reflexology and want to do a course in it myself.my husband also benefits from hopi ear candles as he would suffer terrible earache especially after flying.depending on where you go to live there will be a demand for it with good advertising.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 1:40 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi All

I have suffered with bank pain after an accident when i was younger,at one of the fiests recently i met a guy who has the same qualifications as mentioned here,to promote his business he was giving free treatment and advice.

I was mamazed at how skillfully and quickly he located my problem  and gave me some treatment and advice on how to keep it at bay.

I have always been a little sceptical about certain treatments but this guy seemed to have a magic wand.

He charges 25€ per hour and lives a 2 minute walk from me.

I suppose the moral of this is there always people out there and depending on how you publicise your skills depends on whether you business will work,this guy lives within a stones throw of me and i never knew he existed,he now seems to be inundated with customers.

So the answer to the question is there any call for this treatment is definitely yes.

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 2:07 PM by fuelpump Star rating in Nr Liverpool. 19 posts Send private message

Hola, i must say i go along with that, my wife has spent years getting qualified, in one thing an another, aroma massaage, stones, candles, as you can see, i'm not up on it all, but i used to poo poo it all until recently. I suffered a back injury, and was hardly able to move with out pain. After alot of moaning of how painfull it was, you know what us men are like, she said "come on jump up on the massage table" as if i could, any way, very slowly and painfully i did so, and she went to work on me. Well when she was done, i just could not belive it, once again my movements were back almost normal,  fluent , with very little pain, honest! Well i was gobsmacked, and converted, no more do i knock it, oh, and the money she earns from it all, only tells me theres a market out ther for it, makes me wonder what i'm doing in transport.
 Anyway i wish you all the very best.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 2:08 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

I have baNk pain every time I visit my branch to check the balance. I get amazed by MAMS as well - didnt know there was holistic treatment for either ailment.

I know other people with magic wands but not sure if they would be called alternative therapies.

I have been visiting a chiropractor for about 2 years in Spain and I have to say that I was the eternal sceptic - however he has changed my life and I can get myself into all sorts of positions I couldnt get into before - without suffering acute pain - which it was before and sometimes quite debilitating. I have also suffered arthritis in my knees for several years and periodically spent a lot of time on pain killers and anti inflammatories - particularly before and after travelling - a couple of years ago (again in Spain) I was introduced to wearing a magnetic (not copper) bracelet on my wrist and gradually the pain subsided and I havent taken an anti inflammatory since then. Again I was sceptical but I am inclined to be more open minded about things like this these days - big demand generally in Spain for alternative treatments - assuming alcohol doesnt work of course! 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 2:20 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

That will teach me to check my spelling!!!

Sorry "back" pain! and "Amazed" too much sun maybe?!

Alcohol tends to contribute to bad knees in many ways! so you may find that option a vicous circle.

I know the bracelets you are talking about,they tend to track your whereabouts,i think they call them Tags in the UK..

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 2:29 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Too much sun methinks not! Too much Cerveza - indubitably!!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 3:11 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

We both use magnetic therapy. We have insoles, bracelets, a coaster we put bottles of water on as it's meant to be better for you to drink magnetised water & even the cat sleeps on a magnetic mat as she was prone to arthritus. Now she bounds about. If we put red wine in the bottle on the magnetic coaster for an hour it improves the taste. We bought ours, which are meant to be better than most as the magnets are considerably stronger, from http://www.innertalk.co.uk/    items are featured on http://www.innertalk.co.uk/products/productnorstar.htm

We have these .... 

The Neos http://www.innertalk.co.uk/acatalog/Norstar_Magnetic_Neo.html  for pain relief if taped with medical tape to area of pain. Deep relief into muscles.

Stress Buster pad http://www.innertalk.co.uk/acatalog/Norstar_Magnetic_Stress_Buster_Pad.html for elderly cat.

I also lay on a stress buster pad (we have two) with two Neos taped to my front when I was in total agony when I had gallstones & I got massive relief.

bracelets http://www.innertalk.co.uk/acatalog/Norstar_Magnetic_Link_Bracelet.html  for hubby & myself

Power strides  http://www.innertalk.co.uk/acatalog/Norstar_Magnetic_Inner_Soles.html for us both

coaster http://www.innertalk.co.uk/acatalog/Norstar_Magnetic_Water_Coaster.html

This message was last edited by morerosado on 8/1/2007.

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 4:25 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

i have been trying to say "indupitably" since your last post,so you are probably right,too much cerveza!!

Blimey morerosado!!,you have more gizmos than my children!!No wonder your cat needs stress treatment if you have magnetised it!! i can just see it emerging from the  shed with half your garden tools stuck to it!

Like 0      
01 Aug 2007 5:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Our cat who's 15 was having problems going downstairs after sleeping on our bed for many hours & so we gave her the stress buster to sleep on. She now shins up our 6ft fence posts like a cat less than half her age so it's doing her good. These Norstar magnet products are certainly not gizmos. Hubby broke his wrist very badly around 30 years ago & Drs told him he'd have problems in later life & in cold weather. He poo pahed the idea he should wear a magnetic bracelet till he had been working in the garden weeding & his wrist was really playing up. I suggested he wear my bracelet & he did & no pain or discomfort. He bought his own & always wears it now. 

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 9:42 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Best thing is I get to the wine part and then find I dont need a magnet to get rid of my pains!!!  

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 10:20 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Magnets (hopefully) don't rot your liver though  ....  so magnet therapy for me.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Compensation for Late Completion of Property - 1 posts
wanted accomodation at Nueva Ribera for one week from Monday coming ! - 1 posts
Legal Costs - 6 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east from Marbella. - 3 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east of Marbella). - 0 posts
Lawyer in Ibiza - recommendation please - 0 posts
moving soon to spain help needed - 9 posts
TAPRISA 97 Torrevieja area - 3 posts
Directions from Murcia airpot to Vera - 16 posts
beverley robinson - 2 posts
Glad to be here,hello everyone. - 11 posts
How to complain about a post - 2 posts
When is a pushy developer not a pushy developer? - 26 posts
New Build Mortgage Advice - 6 posts
Driving to Spain from the UK - 29 posts
Snagging List Recommendations - 3 posts
Novo Carthago beach and golf resort, Murcia - 4 posts
hi, just joined and need some help - 7 posts
Just Joined to say.. - 24 posts
Euro Exchange - 4 posts
Up Your Street Radio launches! - 8 posts
Hello, I'm new and need information about shipping pets to Spain - 2 posts
naomi - 4 posts
Punta Prima??? or somewhere else? - 4 posts
For Sale Yamaha Cygnus Motorscooter 125cc - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x