Where inland?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by TheVicar Star rating in Le Lude, France. 17 posts Send private message

I know the majority of you will be on the Costas, but I am hoping to come to Spain (to live) and would prefer to be inland, probably around (not in) the Madrid area. Can anyone recommend a nice area where I might get a cheap town house, be near some large towns, preferably have some UK people around and can live a stress free life. I'm not interested in the Basque or Catalun areas as I don't want the complication of two languages. I am hoping to teach English and Tai Chi (not at the same time!) so will need to be near residential areas. Any help appreciated, and I'm sure there will be many more questions to come. Thanks.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 8:42 AM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

Hi TheVicar

Jusyt outside Roquettes de Mar in Alemeria ther is a lovely white village not to far from the center of a largish town with lots of brits.

It may be Ideal for you, and its called VICAR

John

This message was last edited by johnone on 7/30/2007.

Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 12:47 PM by Ibex Adventures Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello Vicar,

We are currently living in a small town called Arenas De San Pedro, it is approx a 2 hour drive west of Madrid.  People living in Madrid (Mandrinelo's?!) flock here at the weekends to escape the heat of the city.  Arenas is situated on the southern slopes of the Sierra de Gredos mountain range, it probably goes without saying that the views are stunning.

Regards,

Hannah

www.ibexadventures.com

This message was last edited by Ibex Adventures on 7/30/2007.

Like 0      
30 Jul 2007 12:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Hannah

We're not permitted to advertise as you've really done in your post. Justin will delete it as he classes it as a commercial post & it says in the forum rules you can't do it within posts. However ...  .... you are permitted to put your website as your signature so why not do that then members will see it there.  Edit your post before Justin does.

Sorry, I forgot to say

This message was last edited by morerosado on 7/30/2007.

Like 0      
31 Jul 2007 5:50 PM by KP Star rating. 229 posts Send private message

Just thought i would let everyone know of the Los Velez area it is on the border with Murcia/Almeria a great area if you like good scenery and the outdoor life, I would say it is like the lake district in the UK (without the lakes!!!!). It has a good mix of nationalities, mainly spanish (of course) but  many other european people as well, about 45 mins from the coast, so just far enough away yet 20 mins to Lorca, have a look at the tourist web site for the area www.losvelezturismo.org/es/index.html a truly beautiful place.

Like 0      
05 Apr 2008 1:14 AM by Weesy Star rating in Costa Calida. 13 posts Send private message

I live in inland in Calasparra in the Murcia region, I have just been introduced to writing pages for the internet and have written a page on Calasparra, if you would like to have a read please go to http://hubpages.com/hub/Calasparra--a-hidden-gem-of-Murcia , I hope itñs of interest to you :)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Caryn NY - 2 posts
Hi from Alan & Elaine - 6 posts
Key holder/cleaner/handover person wanted for Aloe on Valle Del Este - 1 posts
SMILEY APOLOGISES - 2 posts
Where to Live in Spain...and Why? - 69 posts
How long - 7 posts
Manilva Park - 12 posts
New Passport Delivery Service in Spain - 4 posts
holistic therapy ? - 4 posts
thinking about work - 11 posts
Compensation for Late Completion of Property - 1 posts
wanted accomodation at Nueva Ribera for one week from Monday coming ! - 1 posts
Legal Costs - 6 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east from Marbella. - 3 posts
Job vacancy in Elviria, Málaga ( 8 km east of Marbella). - 0 posts
Lawyer in Ibiza - recommendation please - 0 posts
moving soon to spain help needed - 9 posts
TAPRISA 97 Torrevieja area - 3 posts
Directions from Murcia airpot to Vera - 16 posts
beverley robinson - 2 posts
Glad to be here,hello everyone. - 11 posts
How to complain about a post - 2 posts
When is a pushy developer not a pushy developer? - 26 posts
New Build Mortgage Advice - 6 posts
Driving to Spain from the UK - 29 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x