Has anyone used a buying agent?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jun 2013 9:22 AM by BB1977 Star rating in North Wales. 12 posts Send private message

We are very particular about the type of property we would like to buy in Spain (Andalucia), and are considering whether it would be worth using a "buying agent" rather than an estate agent to source it for us.

I have found two on the web already "the Property Finders" and "Integrated Relocation Spain".  Does anyone have any experience of these companies or know of any other reputable ones?

It would be nice to "spec" the type of property we want and then a company search property out that match our criteria and we get a shortlist to go and view.  Obviously there's a substantial cost involved in this that's why we need to know if they will do what they say they will!!

Thanks,

Claire.

Like 0      
05 Jun 2013 12:58 PM by cheryll Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

We are dealing with Andaluz Homes at the moment. I know they do inspection trips.They have been around for about 12 years and  I have found them very informative and helpful.   

Like 0      
05 Jun 2013 1:47 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

BB if you really want to waste some money. 

Along with a lot of others here, I would be happy to steal / opps, charge you a reasonable price, to help you spend your money !!!!!

Please note:   I can lie about a property just as well as any buying agent.

Like 0      
05 Jun 2013 1:58 PM by BB1977 Star rating in North Wales. 12 posts Send private message

Ha Ha thanks Elaine,  this is our fear!! 

The charges are amazing.  A fee for signing up 500-900 euros. They then charge about 2.5% of the final purchase price of a property they find you which sounded fair enough for our budget, but I've been reading the small print and they actually make a minimum charge of 4500-5000 euros!!!

I think now I would only use one of these agents if they came very highly recommended.  5000 euros is a hell of a lot of money for doing something we can do ourselves!!

Claire.

Like 0      
05 Jun 2013 11:20 PM by nigela Star rating. 415 posts Send private message

A Few years ago I looked at using a firm called search and survey - they were based in north Costa Blanca. They would short list a loaf of properties for you ensure they were fully legal and structrally safe and then negotiate a price. There fees work be covered to a large extent by a discount they would negotiate in the estate agent fees who was acting for the seller. It appeared to be a very good idea but in the end we didn't use them. Unfortunately I don't have their contact details anymore.

Like 0      
06 Jun 2013 1:36 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

Hi - you will find that most estate agents have relationships with many others and they can source properties from these collaborators.  The two agents then split their commission, so you don´t pay anything up front to get them to search for you.

I don´t work in the area you are looking for, but am sure you will find lots of agents in Andalucia who work in the same way as we do.  

If you are concerned about who you can trust, then just ask people on the forum if they can recommend agents for you, although you may have to narrow your area a little.

Happy hunting!

Like 0      
22 Jul 2013 2:26 PM by RoyM Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I totaly agree with Claire.

We had the same experience, I think its is not smart do go without a profesional Real Estate Expert.

Regards,

Roy

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Trying to find a person who installs log burners and install alarms in Balsicas in Murcia - 3 posts
Wanted - Long Term Let - San Miguel De Salinas area - 0 posts
Stephie - 0 posts
taking car to Spain - 4 posts
Paying voluntarily into social security? - 11 posts
Long Term Rental - 3 posts
The Party Spaniardo - 0 posts
What are you thinking when you are driving alone? - 4 posts
Calahonda Car Boot - 2 posts
looking to rent LONG TERM 15k radius of Torrevieja, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Help needed please - 2 posts
wifi in Andalucia - 0 posts
Handing back the keys to the bank. - 9 posts
Sad news about Julia Sinclair (Jules1) - 7 posts
Inconsistent judicial rulings, BG malpractice and ongoing concerns re consumer rights - 2 posts
looking for house to rent long term - 5 posts
Business Opportunities - 4 posts
Can anybody suggest how I can get my house valued for insurance - 3 posts
JUSTICE FOR SOME AT LAST - 0 posts
gardenfurniture area Heredades-Almoradi-Torrevija - 0 posts
Screwfix - 1 posts
Online banking from the UK - 2 posts
Transfer of car? - 2 posts
HELP in La Marina - 0 posts
Taking tennis rackets on Ryanair? - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x