Could someone outside of the UK check flights for me please?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

This is just a theory I have. My brother used to live in Barbados and when people used to visit him, he used to book the flights from there as it was much cheaper. I have also heard that some of these airline sites check where the enquiry is coming from by ip address, so they can tell what country the enquiry originated from. From a UK ip address, the trip to Almeria with Jet2 on October 23rd is £4.99, but they get you by the short and curlies on the return which is £99 and £119 respectively. We only want to go out to set things up after completing and there are no more flights from Leeds to Almeria until 2008!!! Although they will still fly into Murcia.

I am just interested if someone from outside of the UK could check and see what the prices are for me please?

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
23 Jul 2007 12:25 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Mark

You don't state what the return date is.  I have checked from here in Spain and a flight from Almeria to Leeds is:

23 Oct - 74 Euros
25 Oct - 89 Euros

There are pre tax prices.

Hope that helps.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
23 Jul 2007 1:38 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

That was the return flight Justin, it is only £4.99 to fly out. Your reply pretty much confirms it then! The flight on the 25th is about £10 cheaper than booking it here (I used 1.46 as an exchange rate).

Mark

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 11:16 AM by carolandrichard Star rating in West Yorkshire and P.... 93 posts Send private message

The flights might be coming out more expensive at that time because its October half term in the UK. I know Jet2 haven't yet released winter flights from Leeds to Almeria but Monarch have from Manchester to Almeria if that's any good for you.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 8:12 PM by Janmet Star rating in UK. 185 posts Send private message

Does anyone know of a site to book return flights from Malaga cheaper. i have only been able to find the cheaper return flights as part of a return package. But when I try to book the one way flight it will not allow me book it.

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 8:55 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Janmet,  you don't say where and when you are flying to in UK.  BMIBaby has flights to Birmingham, Manchester, Cardiff and East Midlands.  If you click on one way, it will give you a flight one way.  The cost for a single Malaga/Manchester in November is €23.09.  If you pick a european airport to fly from, it gives you the price in euros.

Any help??

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 10:13 PM by Janmet Star rating in UK. 185 posts Send private message

Hi

We need to fly into Newcastle or Teesside. I am looking at 6th Sept 07

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 11:25 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Easyjet does it for around €90 so not exactly cheap, I'm afraid. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

arenal duquesa - 1 posts
Wanting to know about Costa Calida / South Costa Blanca - 4 posts
Mortgage or Cash - 9 posts
IT'S OFFICIAL! - 14 posts
irene montague - 8 posts
try again.....info on CB anyone????? - 12 posts
moving to Alicante/Rafal - 1 posts
Property Management wanted in Vera - 2 posts
Development discussions - 8 posts
HI im new ,help !!!!!!!!! - 4 posts
Im new ,need advice !!! - 8 posts
Looking for a Spanish Mortgage - 23 posts
Golden Retriever to Spain - 21 posts
Last 20 messages posted? - 2 posts
Congrats to Auntie Em 100th post - 31 posts
dream hills anybody there - 6 posts
Recommended by member JC1 ( Good Shout ) - 2 posts
Power of Attorney - 7 posts
Costa Del sol - 30 posts
spiderbish - 2 posts
Anyone involved with Hacienda Guadalupe ? - 7 posts
la hague apostille - 16 posts
Performance Car Clubs / Driving Days ? - 0 posts
Organic Food - 0 posts
Filling out application forms - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x