Illegal to rent out?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Apr 2013 11:44 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
Unfortunately, poppyseed, as someone once said, there are only two certainties in life, death and taxes. You can escape neither, however, without them nothing could be provided.
Your community fees, taken by the community and not the government, seems rather high. We thought ours were quite high at 550 a year but they are not a tax.
My personal gripe, both in UK and Spain, are the taxes on tax. Petrol, for instance, which has the basic price plus duty. VAT is then charged on the price and the duty as well. Really annoying.

Still, come the revolution we can all fly the red flags high but I'll bet the new revolutionary brigade will charge us a tax on the flagpole.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2013 9:13 AM by kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Slightly off topic, but just to clarify, whilst imputed tax is known as "non-resident tax", its actually a second home tax and payable if you have two properties here (if you're spanish for example), or a property here and a house in the UK for example (modelo 720 link).

Is that correct? because i paid non-resident tax on my house in Spain,  and Spain didn't know i had property in the UK, for all Spain knew i could have been homeless, lived with relations or in a hotel, how would they know i had a UK house?. 

I think my post is poorly worded. All non-residents have to pay imputed or deemed income tax - Rendimientos del Capital Inmobiliario. The point I was making is that it's not just a non-resident tax, its a second home tax, so applies to spanish tax residents who have another home as well. Its not a 100% clear, but I believe it also applies to a tax resident in Spain who also has a UK house, which will now be declared on the Modelo 720. This is from Blevins Franks

Regardless of your residence position, if you have a Spanish property that is not your main home and you are not renting out (or if you are and are not declaring the income to the Spanish authorities), the Spanish deem a notional income to arise, calculated as around 2% of the official value of the property. This income, even though it is not actual income, is taxable in Spain (at the scale rates for residents and at a flat rate of 24% in the hands of non-residents).

Like 0      
20 Apr 2013 2:16 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Kathyslad

Now i can see the 2% on the value of the house in Spain, but 24% of the value if you own a house abroad, not forgetting undervaluing isn't done in the UK.  Take a £250'000 house at 24% in the UK, dont even go down the road on a £500'000 house.

Maybe a point has been left out somewhere ( 2.4%).....But even that not so on my figures....Will let someone else work these strange figures out in case i show myself up........again.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2013 2:36 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar
I think you'll find it's 2% of the catastral value then 24% tax on that value. As a non-res with a flat that was on the registry as 106, 000 euros, I'd have been paying 106, 000 x 2 % = 2120 then 24% of that which is about 508 euros. The fact that I was only paying 65 euros points to the catastral value of around 13, 000 euros being used.

Like 0      
20 Apr 2013 2:46 PM by Kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Actually, it's only 2% if the cadastral value hasn't been revised since 1stJanuary 1994. If is been done since then it's 1.1%, and the tax is currently 24.75% (it used to be 24%).

Like 0      
20 Apr 2013 6:39 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Seems to have got a bit off topic, i.e. what do we think about this proposed new legislation affecting renting out property for holiday lets?

I was wondering what holiday property portals would think of it, since it could impact on their business as well. Then I opened today's e-mail and saw the first two items on the EOS newsletter:

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Can anyone recommend a good Gestor in Torrox Costa area ? - 2 posts
CAMPOSOL new ownership ( formerly Gateway to India ) SPICE VILLA CAMPOSOL - 3 posts
I have bought a LHD Spanish Registered Car in the UK is it really that difficult to transfer into my name - 22 posts
Abortion reform in Spain : Madness! - 33 posts
Change of address - 5 posts
Expat Solutions - 19 posts
retail shop rental for florist business. - 12 posts
Will a cheap airline fly to cordoba? - 2 posts
hello - 21 posts
uk / spain - 0 posts
3G in Spain - 2 posts
New and seeking guidance - 10 posts
Medical insurance - 11 posts
Need a recommendation for a good restaurant in Malaga old town. - 3 posts
Does this happen to others ???? - 1 posts
Where to buy sewing machines? - 4 posts
EGM's - 6 posts
What is going on with card sharing? - 0 posts
New photos loaded on Camposol Community Forum Page - 3 posts
Neighbour from hell - 13 posts
Insolvency - 6 posts
upto date advice if poss please - 1 posts
belgium/french pesion? - 0 posts
Newbee!!! - 0 posts
Help!!!! UK to SPAIN. ANYONE GOT SPACE IN A VAN/LORRY????? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 27

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x