Life begins at 40.....Moving to Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Apr 2013 12:44 PM by sarah_lee001 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Hi there, I have been on this site before as have wanted to move to Spain for many years. However, due to a reluctant partner, I never made it.

I am now on my own and have no reason not to move......

I am looking at a 2 year plan by which time I will have enough money to support myself for 12 months with the worst case scenario of earning no money in Spain at all. I have a small home help business already which I plan to keep in the UK with the assistance of a Manager to run things in my absence. I am looking to set something similar up in Spain - domestic home help, holiday apartment cleaning maybe as well? I am using the 2 years to learn some more Spanish and research everything I need to move.

I plan on renting a long term let for a couple of years to see how things go.

Your thoughts and opinions would be very much appreciated........

Also any tax info on being self employed (in Spain) would be most welcome too as this is an area I am totally unfamiliar with at the moment .

Sarah x

Like 0      
10 Apr 2013 12:51 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Hi Sarah I will get in before the doom and gloom people get in.   You have a plan, always a good start.    It is difficult to find work at the moment in Spain - and I mean REALLY difficult, but if you can work your domestic business up into caring for the elderly or sick people in their own homes there seems always to be a demand for that kind of work.  The only other thing you will find realistically is teaching English as a second language - to service the young Spaniards sadly having to leave.   You do not have to be fluent in Spanish to do this, nor do you need qualifications to work privately - though they help.

Go for it - Spain still has a lot to offer.

Like 0      
10 Apr 2013 12:55 PM by I_Love_javea Star rating in Gibraltar / Morocco .... 125 posts Send private message

Go for it girl.

I moved here at the age of 26 in 1986 and have never looked back. I have a great life with fantastic family, made all the better for being brought up here in Spain. The Spanish people, culture, climate make it the perfect place for me. 

Shiny happy people - where?

Like 0      
10 Apr 2013 12:59 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Self employment in Spain is called "Autonomo" and one the best advice sites is here.

www.advoco.es/advice.html

Saludos

Juan

Like 0      
17 Apr 2013 2:37 PM by sarah_lee001 Star rating. 13 posts Send private message

Thank you for your comments! Very much appreciated and will take on board! And thanks for the link to Autonomo - very valuable indeed! Keep any comments/advice coming as worth taking all comments on board!

Like 0      
17 Apr 2013 3:56 PM by Rossetti Star rating in Oxford and Zurich. 124 posts Send private message

Hello Sarah great idea.

We are taking some time out whilst the Company I work for relocates from France back to Switzerland and  we moved to Spain from France at the start of the year as we sold our French property and are waiting for our home in Switzerland to be refurbished. We had big problems in getting home help that met our requirement so we know there is an opportunity for you.

We are now well suited but know there is an opportunity to supply professional quality home help services to the likes of us as well as the elderly and the absent owner.

Beware the know it all's. You will recogise them as they appear on just about every thread on EoS.

Take all offered advice but make up your own mind and do your own research.

Good luck, I wish you every success and may be using the services of your new company in the future.

Rossetti

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK phones in Spain - 2 posts
Regulator for orange gas bottle Quesada/Rojales/formentera - 4 posts
Complaints forms? - 2 posts
Changing address for NIE/Vehicle for notifications. - 0 posts
financial eligibilty for residencia - 11 posts
Car Hire? - 2 posts
The Iron Lady - Did you love her or hate her? - 157 posts
TAX - 8 posts
Corvera, the smart new kid on the block in Spain's empty airports club - 3 posts
can any one help me - 7 posts
bed sizes - 2 posts
Building a horse stable/shelter - 1 posts
INSURANCE EXCLUSIONS - ACTS OF GOD AND THE CONSORCIO - 21 posts
bank lending to communities - 1 posts
Hi I'm new here. - 8 posts
New Government plan to boost jobs & property market - 1 posts
Bringing UK hard-disk recorder - 2 questions - 7 posts
walking dogs - 17 posts
rental agreement need advice??? - 4 posts
Habitation certificate - 106 posts
About to get my account suspended so i will just leave - 1 posts
Having spanish empolyees based spain for a UK comapny - 3 posts
Alebs - 2 posts
CAM paying Eurohouse clients without a Bank Guarantee - 2 posts
Aifos showing Bank accounts - 28 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x