I've a very happy hubby tonight.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Some time ago hubby's firm upgraded all their computer system & offered their staff anything that was going to be otherwise thrown out. Hubby put down he'd like a laptop ideally (cheeky he is, like me) otherwise a computer (we had nothing at the time). That was around two years ago. At the time he was given a monitor, keyboard, pc, mouse, mouse mat, endless cables, the works. Then a few weeks later he came home with another monitor, not sure why, he said "it needed a good home" & he gave it to my brother-in-law who had a pirate Windows 95 also a pirate Windows XP which he installed as everything for security had been wiped or removed. A mate of his at work, who had just bought a new set up which came complete with a printer, then gave him his old Epson printer which works perfectly. 

After I decided to learn the pc, & did so well, we decided to buy a Dell pc with a 17" flat screen & upgraded from dial up to broadband too. Hubby "went on" occasionally about getting a laptop but never did.

Imagine my astonishment when hubby arrived home this afternoon with a Dell laptop with a 14" screen complete with all leads, mouse etc courteousy of his workplace ! The woman who was in charge before of getting shut of the computer gear asked him if he would like a laptop as one had suddenly come into her possession ? (Daft question to ask my hubby) Currently he's sorting out how it works & checking what he's been given. He said it's got a CD drive & it's in a case too. He's put a photo on of Torrevieja church as his background & he's playing CD's & fiddling with it like a kid with a new toy, but then he is a kid with a new toy ! He's in his element.

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 5:45 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Ah bless!  At least you'll have a quiet evening then, eh!

Jackie

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 5:54 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Jackie, he will not leave it alone, look at him, just in case I make off with it !

Like 0      
17 Jul 2007 6:02 PM by hobby Star rating in Hertfordshire/Estepo.... 155 posts Send private message

hobby´s avatar

Ooh er, lets hope he doesnt want to take it to bed with him, that mouse could end up anywhere!

Jackie

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

REBNY or MLS - 2 posts
Pocket Pages for the CB - 18 posts
New meat for the grinder! - 20 posts
Playa Flamenca - 16 posts
DANCING HORSES RETURN TO LA MARINA, CB, ON 5th AUGUST - 0 posts
Timeshare - 23 posts
Dogs Hunt In Packs For Protection! - 39 posts
car leasing in spain - 22 posts
Where are our rights? - 0 posts
british cars in spain - 3 posts
reregister vehicle - 2 posts
Assignable contracts? - 2 posts
Distressed Cleaning! - 15 posts
lost cousin - 0 posts
Garden furniture table/ chairs loungers etc. - 16 posts
Auntie Em & Kenco - 2 posts
Film Reviews - 48 posts
long term rent - 3 posts
Light fittings - 2 posts
Help with inserting photos - 6 posts
Estate agent fees - 4 posts
legalalising holiday lets - 20 posts
Very short video on driving along the N332 to Alicante airport but funny......... - 6 posts
sea fishing - 13 posts
Almunecar Car-boot Sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x