when does it get warmer in Murcia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Feb 2013 5:17 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I'm sitting in Scotland scanning the weather forecasts day by day....champing at the bit. It seems to be cooler when the winds are N or NW

When will the wind change so I can hop on easyjet or Ryanair...........what about around the end of February/start of March..........?

experienced opinions please

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 5:48 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

Well we sat on the beach having an afternoon siesta on the Mar Menor yesterday after a very strenuous round of golf in the morning in the sun.

The wind did admittedly get up yesterday evening and is forecast to stay for the next few days and as with the rest of Europe, next weeks forecast looks a little chillier.

But hey, it's a darn sight better than the UK

If you want winter warmth you have to go the the Canaries but you can get some very pleasant days in Murcia, all year but the Spanish will not be removing thick sweaters until April at least

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 6:12 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

my place is near Sucina so it's got to be Murcia.............sorely tempted to whizz out on Saturday...........how's it overnight ?....some nights in December were a bit chilly 

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 8:12 PM by cbrammeld Star rating. 172 posts Send private message

Temp drops to about 5 over night but quickly heats up in the sunshine. No snow here unlike UK.
Lovely sitting in one of the few cafes that are open on the prom at Los Alcazares. Dos Mares is heaving at weekends, too cold for beach so I think most Spanish people go there.

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 8:17 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

don't know how that Eroski supermarket in Dos Mares makes any money......it's always empty........

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 8:37 PM by birdman Star rating. 32 posts Send private message

don't know how that Eroski supermarket in Dos Mares makes any money......it's always empty.    I  DO, BECAUSE ITS SO DEAR,

Like 0      
06 Feb 2013 8:40 PM by Johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I thought the meat/fish  and veg were comparable with Mercadonna in San Pedro......indeed I got a frozen lamb leg in there (from Argentina) for 7 euros

Like 0      
11 Feb 2013 9:33 PM by aliton Star rating. 331 posts Send private message

In April it starts to get a bit warmer ( days are still short)  and you will still feel the chill in the wind once out of the sun.  We rented an apartment at Condado de Alhama. Mucia Area last year and it had very basic plug-in room heaters ( oil filled ) , the bedding was also too light and we were freezing at night. 

So I would say, May is when the Brits would think its full summer . For the Spanish I would say mid/lateJune is the start of summer.

This message was last edited by aliton on 12/02/2013.

Fomer member revisiting r.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Age Concern volunteer Angela Keay MBE congratulated by British Ambassador - 0 posts
CASH REGISTER AND SHOP FITTINGS FOR SALE - 2 posts
Is Spain still the best option for retirement abroad? - 86 posts
Movistar top up in the UK? - 5 posts
Rental Experience - 3 posts
Computer help - 4 posts
Fancy a laugh? Post your best joke - 16 posts
Rental agent threatening denuncia & embargo on bank account - 5 posts
Do the courts have a website where the dates of future cases are posted? - 5 posts
Glass Curtains - 0 posts
3 day car hire - I couldn't believe the price - 4 posts
Spanish radio - 10 posts
New Endessa Account? - 1 posts
Smoke stacks - 0 posts
Great disccount on Brittany Ferries - 1 posts
Balcony safety - 14 posts
POOL REPAIRS RECOMMENDATIONS IN MURCIA REGION - 0 posts
If Britain leaves the EU , how will it effect you? - 8 posts
Lost Property Deposit In Spain Community - 2 posts
Mar Menor 2 Apartments murcia - 1 posts
Legal status of a park or static home - 0 posts
Anyone using Spantel? Please check your bills - 19 posts
Is the Spanish Government on the verge of collapse? - 23 posts
Girasol Homes - Condado de Alhama - 3 posts
Where's Gerryuk? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x