Cameron promises in/out referendum on EU

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
28 Jan 2013 7:45 PM by billywizzer Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I have read a great deal of comments about leaving the EU mostly stating what a disaster it would be for England to leave, unfortunately I have failed to find anyone that can justify this.

As someone who is still living in England all I see is the mass movements of low skilled workers from Europe taking the jobs and homes from English people, also with our very generous benefits system why would we not be attractive to anyone from Europe who is having a difficult time in their own country.

So please if any one can tell me why leaving the EU but remaining a trading partner is so wrong, feel free to comment!      

Like 0      
28 Jan 2013 8:46 PM by JWhite Star rating. 124 posts Send private message

I am afraid I have to agree with Billywizzer, this is all I see and fail to see any discernable benefits of being in the EU having flowed back to me and my family.    All my families jobs have either disappeared altogether or dropped in wage levels and all you ever hear anyone say when you mention wage increases, is that their employers tell them if they don't do the job for what they are offering, there are thousands more waiting to fill their places at the same or for less wages, this despite the soaring cost of living.  I get the feeling but have no evidence that many of the jobs too are being done by immigrants on the black market which means there are immigrants working but not paying into the system (for example all the car wash groups you see dotted around the towns which have no premises but just operate on spare land at the back of pubs etc.).   There are also large numbers selling on the outskirts of markets selling fake DVD's etc., I guess because they have no license and are  getting ready to bolt if the police show up.

Mass immigration has done nothing to improve our lot in the UK, just the opposite.   I go into my local Town Centre and if I closed my eyes and just listened I would think I was somewhere in the centre of Europe, there are so many different languages all around me.    Our doctor's surgery now has a touch screen on the Reception Desk and when I asked what they had put it there for, they said it was for immigrants who don't speak English to check in for their appointments !   My husband has to have an operation on his hand on Wednesday which was moved from City Hospital in Birmingham to our local one, when we go there we always say to each other as we walk in "spot the Brit".    My brother works there as a plumber and said the hospital wards are about 80% full of immigrants.    Shocking !    I have no doubt that this is not just limited to the UK but other EU countries are getting swamped with immigrants too from 3rd world countries which is becoming unsustainable and I have no doubt that if Cameron does renegotiate or pull out (which I doubt will happen), this will just open the door for several other countries in the EU that are unhappy with their terms and conditions of membership, to threaten also to leave.

Like 0      
02 Feb 2013 9:07 AM by tfearlie Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

The answer is clear dear friend if you think like this then get out,out,out.Hopefully then the mess in the UK will get cleaned up and the rest of us can get on with our lives.The quicker the better 2014 is too far away.Have a good day.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Office of fair trading in Spain - 5 posts
Still looking for Wayne - 0 posts
£20 a week car hire - is this for real ? - 9 posts
What can I get for around £30k in a bohemian area? - 1 posts
Changing to interest only mortgage - 22 posts
A Bank or a Circus? - 0 posts
MRI Fraud and Darran MacAnthony - 1 posts
has anyone had experience of 'exporting' DLA and carers allowance to Spain??? - 2 posts
"Payment in kind" - legal rights and obligations - 1 posts
Which budget airlines has the most generous baggage aloowance ? - 15 posts
Ocean View Property Fraud Scandal!! - 0 posts
Where do I find a houseshare in places like Orgiva - 3 posts
The latest corruption scandal to hit Spain. - 75 posts
Breakdown recovery cover in Spain for three months - 1 posts
How do I know if my holiday rental is legit? - 3 posts
Driving to Spain with my car - checklist & advice - 18 posts
Looking for Estate agent suggestion /recomendations please. Rural property - 10 posts
New European Driving License introduced today - 3 posts
STERLING TAKING A POUNDING - 3 posts
Electricity and Water Charges - 0 posts
Thank you - 0 posts
Holiday property rentals next to the golf course of Almerimar, Andalusia, Spain - 0 posts
New Spanish Laws....are they for real, or is it a windup.. - 14 posts
House Sitters - 1 posts
Looking for staff for my boiler room - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 103

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x