Some would rather go to prison than face life :)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Nov 2012 2:40 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Although this is not a funny issue, as many are suffering terribly in Spain at the moment, this story does have a comical edge!

many at time have we heard people jokingly saying "We're better off in prison, free rent , free food, free everything". Well someone figured that would be the best solution to his problems....

Read this news article on a man who attempted to hold up a bank in Malaga, with the hope he would get sent to prison! People do crazy things in desperate times!

GO TO ARTICLE ON EOS NEWS BLOG

This message was last edited by eos_ian on 21/11/2012.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
21 Nov 2012 4:05 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

In London, it has been the way some people, mainly vagrants in the winter, have done things for years.

I dealt with several such cases in the 1960's.

I remember one guy, he smashed the window of a tailors, put on a jacket and waited outside for the police to arrive.

One o f my first arrests was an guy who appeared drunk when he saw me. I asked him if he was OK and he said he was drunk and wanted a bed for the night. It was a cold night.  I told him he was not drunk. He said if I took him to the police station he would be drunk when he got there. I took pity on him. He convinced the sergeant that he was rolling drunk. Five shillings or one night was the penalty at court the next day, and of course he had done the one night.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

NEW REGULATIONS re CASH, TAX ON OVERSEAS ASSETTS and automatic Residencia and - 6 posts
New years eve in Duquesa or Sabinillas - 0 posts
You Know when you are getting Old!!! When - 0 posts
Roxanna - sexy spanish music - 3 posts
Maria and her team do it again - 5 posts
Am I eligible for Plan PIVE? - 27 posts
am receiving strange calls on my mobile...... - 1 posts
Tax resident - 32 posts
Electronic Submission of Form 210 - 30 posts
Buying UK products in Spain - 3 posts
Satellite TV in Spain - 1 posts
Non residence tax - 0 posts
Aqualandia - 1 posts
Mercers Estate Agents, Made our dream come true.! - 0 posts
Desperate times..... - 2 posts
Spain keeps turning down dollars - 2 posts
Automatic residency rights if you buy a house in Spain - 4 posts
Roof coverings - 0 posts
3 Seater Sofa For Sale - 0 posts
Estate agents duquesa - 0 posts
Best Freesat Box for Malaga area - 0 posts
buying a new car - costa del sol - 11 posts
WANTED Spain Registerd LHD Car, Estate preferably may consider SWAP - 1 posts
We could be getting some more ex coppers on the Costas - 1 posts
SELLING SPANISH CAR IN ENGLAND - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x