Electronic Submission of Form 210

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Dec 2012 8:45 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Tricia

why they couldnt accept the forms by post I just dont know.

Why not ask them ?

Like 0      
27 Dec 2012 11:21 AM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

I did ask, and was told it was just not acceptable and the forms had to be presented in the bank!!

I have all the emails from the person I was dealing with and will bring them with me next time and will ask for a complaint form and make an offical complaint.

Tricia

Like 0      
27 Dec 2012 11:25 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I did ask, and was told it was just not acceptable and the forms had to be presented in the bank!!

I assume that mean one must prove their ID before the bank will debit an account.

Seems reasonable.

Like 0      
27 Dec 2012 11:36 AM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

No I dont think so. As we did not present ourselves it was a friend of ours!! We posted the forms to her in the UK and she brought them with her to the bank all the details were on the form and we had signed them before posting, she dated them before bringing them in. So it really does not make sense to me...

Tricia

Like 0      
27 Dec 2012 11:38 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Probably she had to show her I D.

I handed in the forms for my son and his wife.     I had to show my ID albeit that I too bank at the same branch.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 27/12/2012.

Like 0      
27 Dec 2012 11:44 AM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

I will check with her and see. But even that does not make sense, so is no relative of mine and does not bank in the same bank...

Like 0      
27 Dec 2012 11:59 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sorry Tricia we seem to be on different wavelengths.

I would be annoyed if 'anyone' could send or hand in any form which resulted in money being taken from my account, without that person having to prove who they are, and thus, if the transaction was fraudulent in any way, the person concerned could be traced.

I can understand that one might be annoyed if they cannot make a payment through their bank, but in the case of the form 210,  one does have a 12 month window in which to make the payment.

Like 0      
27 Dec 2012 12:18 PM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

I do understand what you are saying.

My issue is with the bank and not accepting the forms by post, when I had told  them this is what I would do and could have registered the letter. So all would have been confirmed prior to them receiving them.

This will not be an issue again as I now know how to submit the forms on line, and will have them sorted before Oct for our last visit of the year. My problem was I could not get the forms to submit prior to our visit in Oct. This was all explained to the person I was dealing with in the bank. Others have said that their banks had accepted their forms by post.

Tricia

Like 0      
27 Dec 2012 8:01 PM by tricia52 Star rating in Dublin. 277 posts Send private message

johnzx, just had word from my friend and no ID was required. The forms were handed in and receipts were issued.

So again, I don't understand what the problem was with posting the signed forms to the bank to be prosessed!

I will be taking this issue up with my bank in person.

Tricia

Like 0      
26 Jan 2013 7:00 PM by gericom99 Star rating in Offaly, Ireland / Ca.... 270 posts Send private message

gericom99´s avatar

I think there is a lot of confusion about the filing of Form 210 as revised in 2012. (Note the use of the word "filing" - this is not the same as "paying")

To clarify, there are 2 methods of filing:

1.Online Filing: By filling out and sending the forms available online at the Tax Agency electronic office together with an electronic signature certificate acceptable to the Tax Agency.   Assuming both conditions are met then the payment can be made by direct debit with appropriate bank details filled in on the form.  The key point here is the necessity to have a digital or electronic signature certificate. The process of obtaining a digital certificate is somewhat involved but I believe it can be done by applying in person to the appropriate authority in the locality bringing suitable identity documents etc.  Basically once the certificate is in your possession you can do all the filing & give payment instructions online.

2. Filing on Paper: The return can be filed on paper by filling in and printing out the form (.pdf format) available at the Tax Agency website (www.agenciatributaria.es).  This will produce a few copies and is similar to the system in use for earlier years with one key difference.  You no longer send one copy to the Tax Agency - the copy which you bring to the Spanish Bank to make the payment and which the Bank retains on behalf of the Tax Agency is now the one used by the Tax Agency.  I quote "The copy for the collaborating organisation will be the one used for filing the return, together with corresponding documentation"

Please note that I am referring only to cases where there is a tax liability and a payment due to the Tax Agency - there are other procedures in place if the result of the self - assessment is a tax refund due or a zero charge.  As well there are different procedures if one wants to file and pay via bank transfer from abroad but I am not going into these here.

The information above is extracted from a document which I obtained at the AgenciaTributaria website some time ago (E.& O.E.) and presumably is still available there.   I am not a tax or legal expert so I provide this as a help and I recommend consulting a professional where there is any doubt or complicating factors.

This message was last edited by gericom99 on 26/01/2013.

This message was last edited by gericom99 on 26/01/2013.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2013 2:39 PM by icaru Star rating in Kalkan Turkey. 46 posts Send private message

icaru´s avatar

Here is the link explaining how to get an electronic certificate:  http://www.cert.fnmt.es/index.php?lang=en

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying UK products in Spain - 3 posts
Satellite TV in Spain - 1 posts
Non residence tax - 0 posts
Aqualandia - 1 posts
Mercers Estate Agents, Made our dream come true.! - 0 posts
Desperate times..... - 2 posts
Spain keeps turning down dollars - 2 posts
Automatic residency rights if you buy a house in Spain - 4 posts
Roof coverings - 0 posts
3 Seater Sofa For Sale - 0 posts
Estate agents duquesa - 0 posts
Best Freesat Box for Malaga area - 0 posts
buying a new car - costa del sol - 11 posts
WANTED Spain Registerd LHD Car, Estate preferably may consider SWAP - 1 posts
We could be getting some more ex coppers on the Costas - 1 posts
SELLING SPANISH CAR IN ENGLAND - 5 posts
Peugeot 206 Bonnet Needed - 0 posts
Water Heater, Electric 50 litre For Sale - 0 posts
Final hearing decision - 0 posts
Moving to Javea and need mobile phone and broadband - 3 posts
Lawyer WAS neglegent !?!? - 6 posts
UK TV satellite changes due shortly - Astra 1N to be replaced by 2F - 2 posts
Sandie. - 0 posts
Traffic Police forced to hand out more fines! - 61 posts
Second Hand Golf Clubs MacGragor with Graphite Shaft for Sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x