fishing licence for Murcia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Oct 2012 3:11 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I'm trying toget a licence to fish from beach or rocks. It seems labyrinthal. I've got to go up to Murcia town, get the application form, take it to a bank, pay 12 euros and get it stamped. Take it back to the government department in Murcia with 2 photos, my NIE and my passport. I'm down near Sucina so it's a trek.

I've heatd there's a one stop shop called Ventanillas Únicas

Is there one in San Pedro, Cartehegna or nearer than Murcia town ?

Like 0      
12 Oct 2012 8:36 AM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

Hi John, I fish here in Murcia but mainly in the Embalses (reservoirs) for carp and barbel.  I do occasionaly fish of the rocks.   I have had a licence for three years and as far as I can remember I initially took my NIE into a Mapfre office to obtain the insurance for Caza Y Pesca.  (any insurance office in Sucina should provide this)   I paid for the insurance and I think I had to wait about two weeks for the policy to arrive which I then took into the old office (for Caza & Pesca) in Murcia to get the licence. (no photos needed)  The office give you the licence which you have to take into any bank and pay the 6 euros and they officially stamp it .  Job done.   The insurance costs about 15 euros and the licence 6 euros.  Mapfre take the money out of my bank each year and I take a copy of the payment to the new office in the centre of Murcia and renew my licence.  I believe you still have to have a licence for sea fishing but I cannot believe many people have one. But you cannot get a licence in Murcia without insurance, I know it's a load of old bxxxxxxx, pero somos en España.

I hope this helps.  I haven't heard of Ventanillas Únicas but I am sure some other Pescador will know.

Tight lines y buen suerte.

Geoff

This message was last edited by Geoff y Pat on 12/10/2012.

Like 0      
13 Oct 2012 3:00 PM by howee Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Geoff - did you originally have a UK fishing licence when you applied for your spanish one?

I had to either have one or take a course and present the certificate to the Medio Ambiente office in Malaga. I in fact applied for and received my UK fishing licence online!!!

Graham

Like 0      
13 Oct 2012 3:29 PM by Geoff y Pat Star rating in Torre Guil / Sutton .... 90 posts Send private message

Hola Howee, I always bought a rod licence when I fished in the uk ,but I stopped fishing when we moved to an apartment and "her in doors" wouldn't let me keep my nets in the apartment.      I am very surprised that you had to show a UK licence or have to take a course to be able to get a licence in the Malaga area.  Some of the anglers I see here in Murcia can't have a licence or have never taken a course as some of them don't even have a landing net and haul the fish up the bank.  I am talking freshwater fishing here.  So are you saying you had to obtain a UK licence to be able to apply for a spanish one in the Malaga area???

The rules for most things differ from region to region.

Geoff

Like 0      
13 Oct 2012 3:34 PM by howee Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Yes the rules do vary. And yes I had to present my UK licence. I also received a booklet telling me which rivers and reservoirs I could (usually could not!) fish and which fish I could keep. I seem to remember there were different seasons for different fish also.

Graham

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advice on getting rid of Villa - 1 posts
Easyjet flights - substantially higher in 2013? - 9 posts
removals - 3 posts
Removals - 1 posts
WANTED MEDIUM TO LARGE GARDEN DOG KENNEL - 0 posts
moving to santa pola - 0 posts
The Spanish Red Cross - 2 posts
Social Security in Spain. Do they leave you to die the road side? - 18 posts
Is it just the Spanish courts or are the UK ones just as bad? - 12 posts
Inheritance tax and subsequent tax liability if I sell and take money back to uk or reinvest in Spain - 6 posts
How do you know you've become a local? - 16 posts
Pet Transport companies in Spain / UK - 3 posts
Checking in with animals at Malaga airport - 0 posts
reliable car mechanic - 1 posts
Costa Del Sol Free Thinkers - 0 posts
INTERNATIONAL COURIER SERVICE IN ESTEPONA,SABINILLAS OR IN TOWNS NEARBY - 0 posts
Keeping fit in Spain - local gyms - 0 posts
What credibility do Spanish goods have abroad? - 19 posts
Solution for debt problems - 0 posts
Making Wills - 2 posts
are yanks welcome? - 10 posts
Prospective rise in Spanish retirement age, how will it affect UK pensioners in Spain? - 3 posts
walking to la zenia boulavard - 5 posts
Paramount theme park - 7 posts
Paramount Kent!!! - 27 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x