The Spanish Red Cross

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Oct 2012 6:41 PM by gerrryuk Star rating in Mezquitilla, near To.... 179 posts Send private message

gerrryuk´s avatar

A few minutes ago the BBC News in the UK reported that the Spanish Red Cross are appealing for food parcels for families so totally destitute in Madrid. They are only reporting on Madrid although I  suspect that it is not so confined.

So sad so very very sad, leaves me so depressed & deflated. Why don't these ultra rich footballers help -  & any other rich person for that matter ????

Like 0      
10 Oct 2012 7:06 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2215479/Red-Cross-urges-Spanish-donate-money-food-parcels-to-countrymen-2-3-million-deemed-extremely-vulnerable.html

The shocking truth is the people who caused this crisis and hardship aren't suffering at all.........

This message was last edited by Poppyseed on 10/10/2012.

Poppyseed

Like 0      
11 Oct 2012 12:09 AM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

Unfortunately it's the truth. There was an article on this site about it. I think people abroad realise it's tough over here but have no idea to what extent. I saw on three ocasions today people emptying rubbish conatiners and filling their cars with stuff. It's quite embarrasing when you have so many rich people in the country that it's the Norwegian families that are starting to "adopt" poor Spanish families, sending them money each month so they can live under a roof and feed their children.

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Social Security in Spain. Do they leave you to die the road side? - 18 posts
Is it just the Spanish courts or are the UK ones just as bad? - 12 posts
Inheritance tax and subsequent tax liability if I sell and take money back to uk or reinvest in Spain - 6 posts
How do you know you've become a local? - 16 posts
Pet Transport companies in Spain / UK - 3 posts
Checking in with animals at Malaga airport - 0 posts
reliable car mechanic - 1 posts
Costa Del Sol Free Thinkers - 0 posts
INTERNATIONAL COURIER SERVICE IN ESTEPONA,SABINILLAS OR IN TOWNS NEARBY - 0 posts
Keeping fit in Spain - local gyms - 0 posts
What credibility do Spanish goods have abroad? - 19 posts
Solution for debt problems - 0 posts
Making Wills - 2 posts
are yanks welcome? - 10 posts
Prospective rise in Spanish retirement age, how will it affect UK pensioners in Spain? - 3 posts
walking to la zenia boulavard - 5 posts
Paramount theme park - 7 posts
Paramount Kent!!! - 27 posts
Do you live in or around Nerja? Weather info needed! - 11 posts
The running costs of Electricity and Water - 5 posts
New satellite channels from 11th October, Capital & Heart TV - 0 posts
Interested to hear views on this - 9 posts
BONFIRE NIGHT & HALLOWEEN - 9 posts
Advertising Errors in Spain - 3 posts
How would you sell a Static Caravan for Sale? - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x