AIFOS/CajaSur partnership

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Oct 2012 11:06 PM by fazarelli Star rating. 282 posts Send private message

Hi all, been along time since i posted in here but have been 'lurking' with intent!

I need a bit of input into this matter, even if it just to confirm my feelings on it.

I received a recorded delivery letter from Aifos today, which stated that Aifos have reached an agreement with the bank CajaSur to continue the build of Cortijo de Torreblanca in Fuengirola. Alongside the letter was a scanned copy of the aforementioned agreement (which is Spanish), which, when translated, states that the project will be rebuilt if 85% of the purchasers agree to it.

This sounded quite promising and i took the opportunity to ring the phone number at the bottom of the letter.

The Aifos representative told me a bit more about the 'deal' but i hardly understood a word but he said he would send me all the details in an email.

I got the email and basically it said that the original contract (and therefore price) would remain the same! The alternative was to go into the administration process and wait 6-10 years for 45% of the deposit, which works out at about 20K euros. So i either get 20k back or i buy a property and immediately go into negative equity! Hmmm, let me think, that sounds like an irresistable offer. NOT.

My other option is take the original bank to court and get all 50k + legal interest (approx 25k) + legal costs. A total of about 80k, which would be pretty much enough to buy a property outright.

C'mon Aifos, you must think we're stupid!!

Anyone else had this 'offer'?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Urban Cost of Living / Working Questions - 0 posts
why do insurance agents in Spain insure uk registered cars? - 2 posts
WANTED! Reliable garage between Fuengirola & Marbella - 6 posts
Cash bonuses for doctors in the Comunidad Valenciana. What's your view? - 4 posts
Expat Property Agents Fees ! - 44 posts
Caravan wanted - 0 posts
Internet food shopping - 1 posts
Any off road clubs in the Tarragona region? - 1 posts
dire situation in spain - 5 posts
Ryder Cup - 1 posts
The easiest job in spain - 0 posts
What Fruit and Veg are at their best now? - 10 posts
Wasjigs - 0 posts
mobile phones - 7 posts
Advice Please - 10 posts
Looking for opinions from young, professional couples in Spain - 1 posts
¿up the proverbial? - 0 posts
Living on 1000.euros - 125 posts
Line Dancing - Costa Tropical Area - 1 posts
Friend's grandmother clips son around ear-hole: a sign of true integration? - 9 posts
Long Term Car Hire - 5 posts
Hi, I'm new here and would like some suggestions. - 19 posts
Storms in Southern Spain - 8 posts
Geoff - 3 posts
geoff - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 1

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x