DEPOSITS ON RENTAL CONTRACTS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Sep 2012 6:47 PM by andy harris Star rating in Costa Del Sol, Mijas.... 21 posts Send private message

Anyone out there familiar with the new 'rules' regarding treatment of clientsdeposits by rental agents?

A lawyer friend of mine tells me all agents are obliged these days to register & lodge clients deposits 

with an official ayuntamiento stakeholder. Good idea if its true-just like the UK. Anyone know?

Like 0      
26 Sep 2012 10:28 AM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

my understanding is that is recomended but not required, of course I don't know anyone who would do that as you would be required to pay tax on the money assuming you made any that is!

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2012 10:41 AM by andy harris Star rating in Costa Del Sol, Mijas.... 21 posts Send private message

Thankyou Rob. Again my limited understanding is that an owner of a holiday home in Spain has to pay tax these days

on notional rent received even if they dont get any. The days of not declaring it are gone!!

Thanks anyway. Anyone else out there know the answer to whether agents need to register clients deposits these days like the UK

Like 0      
26 Sep 2012 11:04 AM by aly not in spain Star rating in Not far from Torre. 74 posts Send private message

As a non resident owner I have to pay 'la renta', the notional letting tax, even though I don't rent my property out. As I understand it, resident owners with more than one property also have to pay 'la renta'. If you do rent out your property, then you must declare that income accordingly. This has been the law for quite a few years now. But many don't pay it.

Regarding your deposit question, I'm afraid I don't know Andy.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Community fees - Monthly service charges in arrears - 15 posts
Horse meat, would you eat it? - 86 posts
Expats in Catalunya. What if.....? - 35 posts
Who supplies & fits electricity meters? - 5 posts
Lighthearted thread about Bloopers in Spanish! - 44 posts
Language related jobs? - 0 posts
Licence/permit to rent a property for holiday lets - 2 posts
obtaining insurance details - 1 posts
Thinking about moving to Salobrena for winters initially - 1 posts
Seeking to rent a room with en suite in Gibraltar - 0 posts
Car hire Murcia at Easter 2013 - 8 posts
PROPERTIES IN CARTAGENA and MURCIA - 0 posts
car hire alicante - 0 posts
I'm looking for a sailboat up to 30000€ to part exchange with a house in Azores, Santa Maria Island - 0 posts
How many days outside of Spain (with residency card)? - 0 posts
Reasonable behaviour? - 18 posts
SCAM E-MAILS - 10 posts
Kia cars - 4 posts
let's slate Monarch too! - 13 posts
A place in the Sun, live! - 1 posts
Has the ECB gone too far and will it be fair with Spain? - 7 posts
Living in Madrid on 1200 E - 2 posts
Moving to alicante - 0 posts
WARNING TO ALL - 31 posts
Interview with the planning councillor of Orihuela. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x