Deregister Residencia and Healthcare in order to return to UK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Aug 2012 3:48 PM by pennyfarthing Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Does anyone know what the procedure is for the above and how to go about it.  There are so many conflicting stories.

So far we have been told to fill in form EX-18 and take it to the with all the same copies  for when we applied.

Which box do you tick is it just for a change of address or is there a special box for opting out?

Ther is no information anywhere that we can find on how to do it for the INSS.  Is there a form to be filled in and again all

the photocopies of documents?   Hoe long before leaving do you have to do it ?   Any info would be appreciated.

This message was last edited by pennyfarthing on 27/08/2012.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2012 3:58 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

As for de-registering on EU Citizens Register (not Residencia).  That is done at the Documentation Centre where you registered or where you live.

I would have thought the INNS office where you live would also be able to take you off the health list.  Although that is probably no so important as when you return to UK you will register there.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 27/08/2012.

Like 0      
27 Aug 2012 4:02 PM by pennyfarthing Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks at least that is a start.  Just dread the though of the Residencia story it was bad enough getting it..

Maybe it will be enough to just hand the SIP card to the Health Centre.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 1:56 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Penny

Hi,   
          I checked this morning when I was at the police station.

Yes you need to de-register.  You need the original of Registration Cert, Passport and copy. They will give you a form to complete.

Just a point to remember.    When you cancel the registration you also lose your NIE.  So if you still have a property here, or bank account etc.,  you would need to apply for a new NIE.

Stupid or what ?

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 2:09 PM by pennyfarthing Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks for that Johnzx - very kind of you.  Which Office was that as ours was done at Playa Flamenca Town Hall and i have

been told it is not the same in every office.  Suprise Suprise lol. 

We would then have to make the Bank Account a non Resident one? Luckily we do not own any property.

Penny

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 2:13 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Penny, 

, I sent you a private message

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 6:35 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

surely you need to  be resident status right up to the very last day in Spain-what if you needed hospital treatment on your last day here, and you had returned your medical card and residency certificate. Can you not deregister from UK, or ask your solicitor in Spain to do so on your behalf. Surely, if you have sold your house in Spain it will be some time before you lose the link eg payment of taxes-you would need to keep the NIE number until everything is sorted?

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 6:39 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Campsol

Gald to see you saw the point I was making re the NIE.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 7:51 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

If you have a house to sell you need to maintain residency until it goes otherwise you will have the retention deducted. I personally wouldn't bother with cancelling any of it.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2012 8:35 PM by pennyfarthing Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Thanks for the replies.  You have highlighted my dilemma.  The Healthcare issue.  I have now sent off a mail to

overseas Pensions and asked if you can just cancel the Healthcare on your return. 

We do not own property here  - are renting so that aspect is ok.  I need to speak to the bank to see if you can have a

Non Res Bank account  without an NIE.  Will update when I have anything to report.

Penny

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Charges for not taking their Insurance - 10 posts
PETITION: To restore responsible buying and selling of property in Spain - 31 posts
Royal Air Forces Association - 0 posts
no touristy information on Murcia - 3 posts
Need ifo on schools - 0 posts
Warning re Insurance Broker - Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Looking for apartment - 2 posts
Modifying a Car in Spain , some clarification from experts required - 64 posts
Iberswitch - 0 posts
Accessing Bankia Account from UK...getting desperate! - 15 posts
Address on NIE/ Social security - 9 posts
Suggestions on a Postcard to... - 1 posts
Best place to buy a new TV - 13 posts
Corvera airport revisited - 1 posts
Belmonteinternational - 0 posts
Would like to watch English speaking TV - 9 posts
President withdraws resignation - 5 posts
Free guides for rest of August - 0 posts
Dation and balance - 0 posts
Is this REALLY secure and safe? - 6 posts
Rogue Tenant - 0 posts
Property costs in Barcelona - 0 posts
Olympic Bloopers - 4 posts
Advice on the Canary Islands please - 1 posts
Peuguot 307 convert. 2008 For Sale - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x