Problems with living in Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Aug 2012 8:26 PM by I_Love_Javea Star rating in Gibraltar / Morocco .... 125 posts Send private message

You could be describing any council estate in UK. My rose coloured glasses could not persuade me to live in the sort of squalor you describe. Where I have and do live in Spain is not as you describe. I fully appreciate what you are saying I am only trying to explain that this has happened because there is no inward investment in your area and never will be again so it will only get worse for you. I am sorry but that is the way it is.

Shiny happy people - where?

Like 0      
13 Aug 2012 4:19 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

On the contrary, I love Javea, there has been massive investment in Mazarron and the Port in the last few years , new paving, upgrading of the marina, new shops, flats, paseo redesigned, medical centre upgraded and extended, and it is a very attractive relatively unspoilt area. The problem is PEOPLE, of all nationalities. Chewing gum, flattened and blackened has completely spoilt  the attractive new paving. It is disgusting to see spit as well.  This could be so easily avoided. Cigarette butts-how do you you convince ignorant people that it is litter, like any other. Yes resources are stretched and  perhaps street cleaners have been reduced, but the real enemy is uncaring lazy people. you could have an army of cleaners, but litter would stll be thrown on the ground.Shiny new litter bins are ignored. It would be ideal to have a warden for litter and traffic ( a fine a minute here) -he/she would be extremely unpopular, but a few fines would soon set an example and pour much needed money into the coffers! By the way do you really think council estates  in the UK are all awash with litter-you shouldn't  be too quick to make  assumptions!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Reporting Crimes (telephone service) - 0 posts
Shere Punjab (Delhi Chownk) Pueblo Principe - 0 posts
Living Hell in Paradise - 13 posts
quadbike mechanic - 0 posts
Tower Fan for sale - 0 posts
Pool Usage and President Powers - 12 posts
Renting a sub-standard property - How do we stand? - 13 posts
insurance - 1 posts
Friends needed - 1 posts
Capital Gains Tax - 0 posts
Water boletin change of name - 1 posts
insurance - 4 posts
downloading kindle books onto computer - 5 posts
Credit card PINs - 0 posts
Dickmanns car hire Murcia - 19 posts
Residencia or NOT - 4 posts
Hello Everyone - 0 posts
Buying a camper van; Spain v UK? - 7 posts
moving to ciudad quesada - 3 posts
Buy a new car in Spain [NOT SECONDHAND] - 0 posts
Clubs to join in the Manilva district. - 2 posts
BE HONEST...Would you stay in Spain if it wasn't for the weather? - 244 posts
Very Proud - 22 posts
Endesa - Are they overcharging everyone in Spain? - 19 posts
Prescription charges reclaim - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 22

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x