insurance

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Aug 2012 1:20 AM by orient Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi there, my name is Roger.

In 2006 I purchased a property, and requested a mortgage protection policy to a) cover both myself and my partner against death, b) to cover both of us in case of permenant sickness, disability, and unemployment.  At the time we had absolutely no knowledge of spanish, and therefore relied on the bank´s integrity. 

In 2008 because of the world financial crash, our monies were insufficient to be able to pay the full mortgage repayments.  We wrote to the bank to inform them of such.  Which, without going into the complete saga, the bank ¨purchased¨the property back in 2009.

On numerous occasions we asked for the mortgage protection policy documents, but were informed that we could not have them.  A few days ago, I again attempted to get a copy of this policy, and was issued with a general one, but not a copy of the originally signed one.

I visited the new bank manager, who informed me that as far as she was aware, the mortgage protection was part of the debt to the bank and was included in the signings.

Is this correct, as we feel that this should not have been the situation.  Also that according to the bank manager, we should not have signed the proerty back to the bank with the mortgage protection policy in place.  Also that the interpreter at that time should have warned us, and told us not to sign.

This was our dream home where we wished to spend the rest of our lives in.  We feel that with the information only now coming to light, that we have been miss sold a policy because it is not what we orginally asked for, and at no time did we receive any documents in english.

I am asking for your help as to what would be the best course to take, or if there is anyone who could help us legally.

Like 0      
07 Aug 2012 7:19 AM by theequaliser Star rating in Spain. 26 posts Send private message

theequaliser´s avatar

Hello Roger

All this sounds rather vague.

You requested the ASU policy yourself, so you clearly knew what one was and that you had one. So the obvious question is ‘’when you got into financial difficulties and could not pay the mortgage, why did you not claim of the ASU policy’’ which I assume you took out for exactly this situation occurring?

Until you clarify this I doubt anyone can advise you. The rest of your post at this stage does not make much sense until the above is explained.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Friends needed - 1 posts
Capital Gains Tax - 0 posts
Water boletin change of name - 1 posts
insurance - 4 posts
downloading kindle books onto computer - 5 posts
Credit card PINs - 0 posts
Dickmanns car hire Murcia - 19 posts
Residencia or NOT - 4 posts
Hello Everyone - 0 posts
Buying a camper van; Spain v UK? - 7 posts
moving to ciudad quesada - 3 posts
Buy a new car in Spain [NOT SECONDHAND] - 0 posts
Clubs to join in the Manilva district. - 2 posts
BE HONEST...Would you stay in Spain if it wasn't for the weather? - 244 posts
Very Proud - 22 posts
Endesa - Are they overcharging everyone in Spain? - 19 posts
Prescription charges reclaim - 9 posts
New arrival in Gibraltar - 4 posts
inviting a non-European to Spain - 25 posts
AENA backs down and considers removing air bridges - 0 posts
Telephone and Internet installation - 6 posts
Trees/bushes - 2 posts
Single Bespoke Pine Bed for Sale - 0 posts
Airport Run to Calpe - 2 posts
Just moved to Los Boliches - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x