Tax Return Help & Deregister in UK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 May 2012 8:13 PM by thelankygeek Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Hi Guys,

You may remember my post in regards to renewing my green EU residance cert, as I was moving back to Spain.

I am now back in Spain, have renewed all my documents, registered on the padron and have opened new resident Spainish back accounts. We both have jobs and work contracts for social security.

My next question is (as I know this is the time of year that you have to do it) about Tax Returns and what i need to do to inform HRSC I now live in Spain? and how do I file the tax return for this year?

As John had previously pointed out I should have filed a tax return for the previous years since becoming a resident (August 2008) I actually left Spain in Oct 2009 althought stupidly i thought that did not need to hand the Green Cert back! Arrived back here May 2012.

I want to 100% by the book and get this sorted, so would appreciate any help. I thought the best thing to do would be to file this years return (will be my first) and then file the back returns?

Thanks

Dan

Like 0      
18 May 2012 2:07 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The tax return which people will make in May/June this year is for income in 2011, (Jan to Dec).

So if you were not classified as  tax resident in Spain during 2011 then you do not make a return this year.

Of course if you owned property here during 2011, then you need to make a return as such on that property.

I would suggest in your case that you take advice from a Gestor or other qualified  professional

Like 0      
18 May 2012 3:26 PM by thelankygeek Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Think I have managed to sort the UK side out. All I need to do is to fill in a P85 form and send it back along with my P45 from the UK. This should inform HRSC I have left. I do not need to fill in any other forms as I have no income from the UK now. They will then refund any overpaid TAX.

HRSC said then if I register at the local Spanish tax office by doing my tax return this should register me as a tax paying resident in Spain.

Does this sound correct?

Like 0      
18 May 2012 3:34 PM by thelankygeek Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thanks John,

That explains things alot better for me. So I understand when and when for I should be filing the return.

I would assume as I had income in Spain in 2008 (tax return should have been filed May/June 2009) and some income during 2009 (tax return should have been filed May/June 2010)? is that correct.

I am going to seek advice and appoint an accountant, just wanted to get as much information as possible before hand.

Dan

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help with Viat - 5 posts
new member - 5 posts
PVC 3Mtr diameter Pool in AKI hardware - 1 posts
A huge thank you to Maria and her team at Costa Luz Lawyers - 2 posts
The future for ex pats - 74 posts
Internet and lines for everyone no matter where you are - 4 posts
Swap / part exchange - 2 posts
Honda 5.5HP Engined Petrol Lawn Mower - 1 posts
Range Rover Thule Roof Bars - 0 posts
2 Ikea Loft Beds For Sale - 0 posts
catching crays - 0 posts
Ole Internet in Playa Flamenca - 0 posts
BMI BABY Demise - 2 posts
Moving to rural Spain. - 5 posts
Electricity Supply - 3 posts
Juzgado de Estepona - 9 posts
Eye on Spain property for sale - 13 posts
Legal tip 758. More Case Law on Bank´s liabilities for off plan refunds 15 May 2012 - 7 posts
Kindle wanted - 1 posts
Not much time left on my British passport - 4 posts
Looking at a move. - 1 posts
park home swap for narrowboat - 0 posts
Auriga Crown- San Javier - 4 posts
60ft Narrowboat - Spanish Home Swap - 2 posts
Euro predictions - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x