Juzgado de Estepona

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 May 2012 1:05 PM by rosie44 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Does anyone know why the court in Estepona has such a backlog of cases waiting to be heard?  At least a year.  My solicitor tells me Estepona has the largest backlog  in the whole province of Malaga.  Is there any way to speed up the judicial system or queue jump?  I fear I may be six feet under before my case is resolved!!

Like 0      
15 May 2012 1:31 PM by noddy Star rating. 150 posts Send private message

we have been waiting 3 years for some debtor cases and still no date.

its a disgrace

Like 0      
15 May 2012 2:57 PM by CardiffIan Star rating. 30 posts Send private message

I've been waiting over 3 years for a case against a developer in Granada and still no date yet. Perhaps it's worst in andalucia generally.

Like 0      
15 May 2012 10:18 PM by ChrisBW Star rating. 50 posts Send private message

Hi CardiffIan,

I think we both bought on the same complex. We went to court last May, won, then the bank appealed - so we're waiting again, it will probably be at least another year. The appeal is being heard in Madrid, but I'm not sure where the orginal case was heard.

Best wishes,

ChrisW

Like 0      
21 May 2012 3:05 PM by rosie44 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thank you Noddy - that's really cheered me up !  Life goes on in the mean time and fraudsters think they have got away with their crimes.

Like 0      
21 May 2012 4:05 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Hope you've signed Keith Rules petition www.bankguaranteesinspain.com  and reported the time delays

Like 0      
22 May 2012 10:26 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Estepona is one of the slowest Courts in the country.

This is the claims site of the General Council of Judicial Power:http://www.poderjudicial.es/cgpj/es/Servicios/Atencion_Ciudadana/Quejas_y_reclamaciones

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
02 Oct 2012 11:53 AM by lizh Star rating in Estepona/London. 161 posts Send private message

We waited three years for our case against our developer to be heard in Estepona. Finally got a date last February. Heathrow closed because of snow so we spent hundred and hundreds of pounds getting to the court via other airports. Opponent didn't bother to turn up but ' for a hopeful moment' the case was heard. 

9 months later no judgment.  What is going on? Spain's legal system, not just Estepona, should be ashamed. 

Like 0      
02 Oct 2012 3:21 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Ask your legal representative to forward a complaint on your behalf to the CGPJ and ask for a copy of their response. These instances need to be recorded within the Spanish system. 

Also write to your local MP and MEP (www.writetothem.com)  with specific dates when the case was submitted, the date it was accepted into the court system, the date of preliminary hearing, the date of actual hearing and so on and so forth (you will need to acquire this from your law firm.)

Provide as much information as you can. You need to bring to their attention that  Estepona is one of the slowest courts in Spain, and request that these instances be better monitored and reported back to the World Justice Project., where they state "Access to justice also implies that court proceedings are conducted in a timely manner and judgments are enforced without unreasonable delay. " Ask your MEP to also complain on your behalf to the EU Commission, specifically mention Estepona, and again request a copy for your records

Hope that helps in some small way.

Is your developer still solvent?

p.s. To all those suffering delays from the court of Estepona of this magnitude please can I suggest that you all do the same (with specific details of dates as identified above) as these instances NEED to be reported back to the CGPJ, MEP's, World Justice Project and the EU Commission. 

This message was last edited by ads on 02/10/2012.

This message was last edited by ads on 02/10/2012.

This message was last edited by ads on 03/10/2012.

Like 0      
01 Dec 2012 8:01 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 302 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Does anyone know if there is a website where you can access the details of your case?

THanks

Kelju

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Eye on Spain property for sale - 13 posts
Legal tip 758. More Case Law on Bank´s liabilities for off plan refunds 15 May 2012 - 7 posts
Kindle wanted - 1 posts
Not much time left on my British passport - 4 posts
Looking at a move. - 1 posts
park home swap for narrowboat - 0 posts
Auriga Crown- San Javier - 4 posts
60ft Narrowboat - Spanish Home Swap - 2 posts
Euro predictions - 13 posts
Bringing Uk car to spain - 3 posts
casares town hall under investigation - 0 posts
Satellite Dish and Gas Fire for sale - 0 posts
Problems with Teleast again.. - 6 posts
Fold up Bikes for sale - 3 posts
pension from Spain - 4 posts
Groupama Seguros Home Insurance. - 2 posts
Reported tax amnesty - 2 posts
Narrow boat - Spanish Property Swap/Part-exchange! - 5 posts
No Brits please! - 33 posts
Travel - 1 posts
Hyundai H1 (large 7 seater) - 0 posts
Do you pay your President - 17 posts
SEAT LEON STYLANCE 1.9TDI, FOR SALE! - 2 posts
Spanish Car Insurance for trip to UK - 4 posts
One way van hire recomendation. - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x