Spanish Car Insurance for trip to UK

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 May 2012 9:18 PM by Paddy111 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi.  

I need help.  I am in the process of buying a car which is currently in Spain (spanish registration).  I want to bring it back to the UK and re-register it here.

I have jumped through all the necessary hoops but cant seem to find anyone to insure me for the trip back to the UK through Spain.  All the insurance companies in the UK have told me to contact a spanish insurer to see if they can help.

Does anyone please know of a spanish company that will insure me for the trip back from Southern Spain to Santander?  Once I get to the UK the british insurers will insure the car.

This can't be the first time ever that someone has bought a car in Spain and driven it back to the UK but it certainly feels like it !!

Thanks in advance,

Paddy

Like 0      
17 May 2012 11:49 AM by Abyss_Rover Star rating in Mallorca. 72 posts Send private message

I'm not sure about insurance companies but, it might pay you to check for transport companies or hire a van and trailer from the UK.

www.finditfme.com The new, advanced way to find what you are looking for.

Like 0      
17 May 2012 1:29 PM by elaineg Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Hi, if you are in UK go on line and look at the adverts in the Sur in English ---http://www.surinenglish.com/ 
and call and ask

I am pretty sure that any insurance will insure you and that the cover extends to the whole of the EU, at least for third party cover.

Like 0      
17 May 2012 4:36 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Spanish companies do not do short term insurance as the spanish system is 'continuous insurance' The system that has just been introduced  in the UK. Any spanish company will insure the vehicle complete with EU wide coverage. You could then run it around legally in the UK until you wish to re-reg.  If you are only going to drive it to Santander , you'd be better having it transported  to the UK at a cost of around £500. Probably cheaper than the ferry in high season !

Have you asked in the UK whether they would insure it on the chassis number whilst it is being changed over to uk plates ?

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
20 May 2012 6:07 PM by fpegman Star rating in San Miguel De Salina.... 441 posts Send private message

fpegman´s avatar

I will insure you through Lloyds of London brokers and you can use the car where you wish in the EU untill the insurance runs out or you can renew it but you must have a Spanish address

Fred

Overseas Property Company

fred@overseaspropertycompany.com

Real Estate sales - rentals and Lloyds insurance agency.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

One way van hire recomendation. - 3 posts
Removal from Spain to France - 14 posts
WANTED FLAT SCREEN TV AND FREE SAT BOX / FURNITURE - 1 posts
Can we get a refund if we don't fly - 31 posts
wanted. bunk beds - 1 posts
my properties for sale. - 7 posts
15ft Fourwinns powerboat for sale - 0 posts
Motorbike for Sale -Bargain! - 1 posts
professional administrators for community of owners - 6 posts
swimming pool electrical and water costs - 25 posts
How A Cricket Player - 0 posts
Who Is Eyeonspain.es? - 2 posts
Will the property market ever recover - 80 posts
Bankia - 0 posts
Man and a Van to Murcia - 4 posts
Sunday Opening Hours - Supermarkets - 5 posts
Calling a meeting / Employing workers - 0 posts
pet freindly places to stay - 1 posts
Costaluz, Maria L. de Castro did it again! - 7 posts
EU Citizens, Passports, and JSA - 6 posts
Hi im Louise - 4 posts
Mobile American Hoit Dog Cart....... - 1 posts
Anyone completed modelo 576 online? - 0 posts
Cucador Almeria - 3 posts
Non resident tax - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x