Use of CCTV on Communities - breach of privacy or not??

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Feb 2018 10:12 PM by IanCook Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 16 posts Send private message

We play the good cop bad cop routine, with the administrator being bad cop and sending a letter, still  photo evidence with the bill, that is just added to their community fees.

they cannot move on whilst there are outstanding debts... You win in the end and they get ostracised by all other residents when you name and shame in a newsletter!!!

win win.....

Like 1      
06 Feb 2018 7:59 AM by Gee Gee Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Many thanks Ian. We are hoping that the problem will stop after the cameras are installed. We were advised by our Administrators that we cannot name and shame in a newsletter due to data protection. A bit like we cannot name and shame our debtors in a newsletter but we can post their names on a letter and display on the swimming pool notice board.

Regards

Like 0      
06 Feb 2018 8:20 AM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Hello Gee Gee

Ian is right there are times when you have to play hard ball - we actually caught an owner sweeping her dog poo from her patio onto the walkway I immediately accosted her and said that I have camera action of her doing this and would take it to the police unless she stopped and cleaned up the area. She did .

The other question about the pool - we were told by the police that this would be invasive but I agree with Ian there must be a way around this as a lot of rentals come for the summer and abuse the pool even with full rules on an enormous board in the pool area. My suggestion maybe if allowed is to have a camera swinging from right to left just outside the pool area. Unfortunately me husband and I are not the Presidents now and the new one will not accept anything that we propose.

I would be interested if Ian takes this forward to see if it is allowed to have a moving cctv camera?

Regards,

Mo

Like 0      
06 Feb 2018 8:27 AM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Hi Gee Gee,

Meant to say that our guy Cas is very reliable and he registered at the town hall and the police for our urbanisation which is what the police told us was necessary. The police really are not interested in any cameras that are not registered with them.

We do have notices at either entrance gates informing all who enter that we have CCTV no-one but the President and an authorised agent if she/he is away can view these tapes.

Am happy to get Cas's number for you, are you on FB is so pm maureen anthony ?

Regards,

Mo

Like 0      
06 Feb 2018 6:18 PM by Gee Gee Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

Thanks Mo

I couldn't send a friend request as it was greyed out on your FB page. I have sent you a note in messenger.

Let me know if you receive okay.

Regards

Graham

Like 0      
06 Nov 2018 12:02 AM by IanCook Star rating in Cheshire/Riviera del.... 16 posts Send private message

So what can we do....we have on CCTV 2 owners cutting bolts on car poarking spaces, tampering with CCTV cameras and moving large plant pots into the centre of the garages so cars cannot get past.

All have had Denuncia issued against them and invoices for repairs and emergency call outs.

can we use the CCTV pictures to ask owners to be aware of the problems that are occuring on the community and that security may be breached, and accidents occur by their actions??

or are we in the nanny state still of protecting the guilty at all costs.....name them and shame them i say!!!!

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Nuisance phone calls - 4 posts
Help with air con? Puerto De Mazarron - 5 posts
Cibank Euro Account - 0 posts
Kitesurfing board for sale - 0 posts
How to get Vietnam Work permit? - 0 posts
Mortgage - 2 posts
Quick-Save Camposol - 3 posts
Nice towns to consider living near the coast between Almeria and Valencia - 24 posts
Adding photos to this forum - 0 posts
Kitesurfing kite for sale - 3 posts
BMI BABY FLIGHT WW5328 13.8.2010 - 2 posts
royal crown car hire - 0 posts
Royal Crown car hire Rojales? - 0 posts
Annoying Green POPUP AD on EOS Website - 2 posts
Interim Death Certificate issued in UK - 0 posts
Ryanair to pass on budget pain for flights from Spain - 42 posts
CAR FOR SALE SEAT LEON - 0 posts
proffesional signiture - 11 posts
Little Dog lost in Algeciras - 1 posts
Cheap car hire around Rojales, Formentara, Quesada. No extra charges - 0 posts
Electrical wiring help - 10 posts
What is European Law ? - 0 posts
Ryanair and Gatwick - 0 posts
Google play - 2 posts
Kylie Minogue Lookalike and Tribute Act - First on the scene back in 1997 - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 26

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x