BMI BABY FLIGHT WW5328 13.8.2010

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 Apr 2012 2:31 PM by Reliant Robin Star rating in Alhaurin Golf, CDS. 19 posts Send private message

I have mentioned before in a post about our delay of 22 hours for our flight from Malaga to Nottingham East Midlands on Friday 13 August 2010.  After writing to the Managing Director, Julian Carr, BMI Baby stataed we were not entitled to compensation.  Due to this reply I took my complaint to the Spanish authories, AESA in April 2011.  My claim was under Article 7, Regulation (EU) 261/2004 where the airline have to provide compensation for the delay we had.  What made it worse was that they left a full flight in Malaga airport all night and did not provide accomodation.  AESA wrote to BMII Baby on 12 April 2011 requesting a report from them.  It was no surprise to discover that as of 26 March 2012 they had not replied to the authorities in Spain.  Accordingly AESA wrote to me stating that the carrier had failed to provide evidence of extraordinary circumstances for the delay, a defence to paying the compensation, and accordingly should pay to each passenger 400 euros as the distance was over 1500 kms.  In our case 1600 euros being a party of four.  A copy of this letter from AESA was also sent to BMI Baby at the start of this month.

Needless to say I have not and will not fly BMI Baby ever again. 

After a long battle, but to be honest not that hard once I knew who to write to, BMI Baby have settled with a cheque for £1308.81.  I am aware of at least one member on the site who was on the same flight.  If there is anyone else who was on this flight who I might be able to help then pm me.  There is no excuse for poor customer service especially when the law is on your side.     

Like 0      
25 Apr 2012 3:53 PM by acer Star rating. 1529 posts Send private message

Nice one Reliant Robin - great to hear. 

I was not on that flight but had something similar with EasyJet.  It went on for a year with me writing politely and EasyJet sending silly or gobbledegook replies, requesting invoices they had been sent or not replying at all etc.  Finally having issued a "Letter Before Action" letter to them without a reply I issued proceedings in the County Court.  Then just like magic they immediately coughed up with an apology.

For sure, they give you the run around knowing that many will give up.  Tenacity is required - if enough people do so they'll have to change tactics and provide a reasonable service.

Like 0      
25 Apr 2012 4:52 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 470 posts Send private message

Great NEWS thats 18 pounds an hour

We all seemto PAY a lot more NOWADAYS for our FLIGHTS so its nice to see THAT when it does go WRONG it can work the OTHERWAY ie in ONES favour

I think they have been BOUGHT OUT by BA now

Rod

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

royal crown car hire - 0 posts
Royal Crown car hire Rojales? - 0 posts
Annoying Green POPUP AD on EOS Website - 2 posts
Interim Death Certificate issued in UK - 0 posts
Ryanair to pass on budget pain for flights from Spain - 42 posts
CAR FOR SALE SEAT LEON - 0 posts
proffesional signiture - 11 posts
Little Dog lost in Algeciras - 1 posts
Cheap car hire around Rojales, Formentara, Quesada. No extra charges - 0 posts
Electrical wiring help - 10 posts
What is European Law ? - 0 posts
Ryanair and Gatwick - 0 posts
Google play - 2 posts
Kylie Minogue Lookalike and Tribute Act - First on the scene back in 1997 - 0 posts
Almunecar car boot - 1 posts
PROPERTY CAPITAL GAINS TAX LIABILITY - 8 posts
Costa Luz Lawyers - 6 posts
how do you get to see a doctor if its not an emergency? - 5 posts
Rod Stewart tribute night - 0 posts
Dublin to Almeria - 0 posts
House to Rent Los Alcazares / Roda / Senorio that sort of Area - 1 posts
Is this Fraud or just me being Cynical ? - 9 posts
NIE MARBELLA - 1 posts
NIE MARBELLA - 4 posts
Teaching English with monthly income up to EUR2100 pre month - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x