how do you get to see a doctor if its not an emergency?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Apr 2012 18:36 by bricer Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

 I am a resident in Spain and pay autonomus monthly. I have been to the health center in Estepona and seen a doctor after a sporting injury.How do you go about seeing a doctor for non urgent matters?

Like 0      
22 Apr 2012 20:09 by bobaol Star rating. 2256 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

 If you are a resident in Spain and pay autonomo, then you will be entitled to register with a doctor.  Once registered you can see them for anything and will be entitled to exactly the same access and costs as someone from Spain.  You should have a Social Security number which will enable you to get a health card from the INSS.  Show that to your GP surgery and they will register you.


Like 0      
23 Apr 2012 08:47 by bricer Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

 Thanks for that bobaol.I live in Estepona so where would a find a list of doctors?

Like 0      
23 Apr 2012 09:17 by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5247 posts Send private message

At the health cenre (ambulantoria)


To anticipate yopur next question!

See here


They probably are open all day from 8 am.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 23/04/2012.

Like 0      
28 Apr 2012 11:04 by spiritofspain Star rating in Riviera del Sol, Mij.... 114 posts Send private message

spiritofspain´s avatar

Hi there

If you can read spanish ... or are a dab hand using google translate have a look at ...

To speed things up and to earn brownie points from the receptionist  - a copy of the form you should take to the medical centre with your other documents can be printed from here...

Also some information about choosing or changing your doctor

If you have not yet got your health card be prepared for a long wait once you have submitted your form at the medical centre.........not for appointments to see the doctor but the actual little plastic card.

By the way if you have dependents ... wife, children etc they can also be registered and you will need to present a separate form for each person to be registered


This message was last edited by spiritofspain on 28/04/2012.


Margery  and

Like 0      
30 Apr 2012 11:01 by bricer Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

 thanks to everyone for the info

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rod Stewart tribute night - 0 posts
Dublin to Almeria - 0 posts
House to Rent Los Alcazares / Roda / Senorio that sort of Area - 1 posts
Is this Fraud or just me being Cynical ? - 9 posts
NIE MARBELLA - 1 posts
NIE MARBELLA - 4 posts
Teaching English with monthly income up to EUR2100 pre month - 0 posts
gibralter and spain combined - 12 posts
So, how does it feel to have someone in a foreign country steal your property ??? - 1 posts
Can I get an N.I.E. without a passport? - 2 posts
Renew Documents - 6 posts
QuickDollarz - 0 posts
insurance in spain - 7 posts
EU Citizens Registration (Help with form) - 0 posts
Renault Scenic '98 Turbo Diesel for sale Spanish registered! - 4 posts
Car Hire - Alicante Airport April 2012 - 10 posts
Mercedes,Spainish translator - 0 posts
Looking for an automatic car - Rojales area - 0 posts
Iberdrola online logout - 4 posts
Broadband - 1 posts
Nearest Carrefour to Mazarron and directions please? - 1 posts
Spanish Lessons - 0 posts
Add link - 0 posts
can you give proxy vote by email? - 2 posts
Healthcare Pensioners to pay for prescriptions - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x