Bancaja/Bankia Fiasco

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 May 2012 3:31 PM by newsham Star rating in Morecambe/ Brisas De.... 83 posts Send private message

i didnt have a problem with my money going in last month, it went in on the 5th April no problem. I cant get through to the them either so i can leave my details for someone to ring me in the Uk who can speak english, its a right fiasco.

Like 0      
05 May 2012 3:41 PM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

The incoming item of 5 April would have been under the "old guard" as the changeover happened on the 6th. Keep trying on Monday (although this is a Bank Holiday in UK)

Like 0      
09 May 2012 6:24 PM by newsham Star rating in Morecambe/ Brisas De.... 83 posts Send private message

Well the transfer did not go in, cant get hold of customer services in Spain who speak English, they did try to ring me back yesterday but i was at work. My currency exchange company says the bank got in touch with them for a lot of their customers and now have the swift code and the money should go in by faster payment. What I want to be sure Bankia do not charge me for being overdrawn as they should of warned us about this and not say we dont have to do anything as nothing has changed. I am very annoyed with them, even trying to send messages via the website I have had no reply and to be honest I am not sure they went anyway. Will let you know if I am charged.

Like 0      
09 May 2012 8:14 PM by Chrissie1 Star rating in UK. 384 posts Send private message

Chrissie1´s avatar

Hi

I am having problems with Bankia.  I have been trying to cancel our account.  I was told to write to them enclosing a copy of our passport photos, guess what, not heard a thing.  Dont know what to do now.

Regards Chrissie1

Chrissie   

Like 0      
09 May 2012 9:37 PM by cooberpedy Star rating. 91 posts Send private message

cooberpedy´s avatar

We are getting our mortgage transferred back to the UK,  don't feel we can trust this bank any more.  Still not an easy task, we have to travel to spain and take extinct passports with us to accomplish this.  It is beginning to look like our monthly transfer has gone astray,  just keep hoping that as Spain has had a couple of bank holidays  it is just delayed. 

Like 0      
10 May 2012 12:03 AM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

My bank transfer was delayed and when I asked my bank to check
Jp fing morgan charged me 40 euros it eventually showed up but i have lost
convidence since the mergers

It will get worse trying to bypass them on all future transactions

Like 0      
10 May 2012 10:40 AM by marcbernard Star rating in Marina Alta; Alicant.... 254 posts Send private message

I am pleased to announce that my missing pension hit the account seven days late, without being returned to the sender, so it looks as if the bank has managed to sort at least some of the backlog. Hopefully any other posters will gain satisfaction sooner rather than later. Best of luck.

As to the recent news that Bankia is likely to need additonal funds from wherever, fine. I see from today's news that they have bitten the bullet and nationalised the damn thing. Good . Don't expect a rapid improvement!

This message was last edited by marcbernard on 10/05/2012.

Like 0      
10 May 2012 12:14 PM by newsham Star rating in Morecambe/ Brisas De.... 83 posts Send private message

Still no money has gone in but on the plus side I managed to find all my old paperwork when i signed up and found the phone number for my local branch and have managed to speak to an english speaking person who has confirmed that I will not be charged for being overdrawn and if I am it will be given back. I have got her name and email address as well.

To be on the safe side I have given my exchange company my new account number and swift code and again they have promsed to get it in again by faster payment so we will see as they said thisn yesterday.

I have checked as well as was told by the advisor that Bankia now charges €2 a month as I do not have $2000 euros or more going in my account.

Like 0      
10 May 2012 12:52 PM by rod Star rating in Uk and Spain. 469 posts Send private message

Here we go

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-18014077

Better start QUEING

This message was last edited by rod on 10/05/2012.

Like 0      
10 May 2012 1:06 PM by D_B_S Star rating. 178 posts Send private message

Combine a number of small Banks with toxic debt and it should be no suprise you end up with a bigger Bank with toxic debt. Certainly the markets knew the position as the stock price dropped like a stone.

Interestingly Bankia 'only' has 42Bn Euro of the 240Bn Euro toxic debt held on the books of Spanish Banks. They all cant be nationalised, or can they?

David

Like 0      
14 May 2012 8:10 PM by newsham Star rating in Morecambe/ Brisas De.... 83 posts Send private message

Money at last has gone in to day but it lookes like they have taken an extra €40 dont know if this is a late payment charge as I was only €60 short, I am fuming, as soon as I get chance on my day off on Thursday I will be ringing my local branch to check and asking for it back.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Letting - Double taxation Spain and UK - 1 posts
Legal right of a tenant in Barcelona - 0 posts
Moving from NIE to residencia - 27 posts
taking dogs to murcia - 1 posts
Help Please - 18 posts
TV problem with community 'rules'. Help? - 0 posts
TV problem with community 'rules'. Help? - 50 posts
Is it a good idea to go for buy to let now? - 25 posts
the problem with the ENDESA ON LINE WEBSITE! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr !!!! - 15 posts
BARGAIN - Stunning White Sofa + Matching Furniture For Sale - 0 posts
Edinburgh Crystal Decanters - 2 posts
help - 0 posts
help - 4 posts
best bank for direct debits for utilities - non resident ! - 5 posts
Driving to costa blanca from calais - 7 posts
Car Malaga hire - 6 posts
quesada to gibralter - 10 posts
El calon - 3 posts
Help with Santa Greenhills - 4 posts
FURNITURE WANTED - Costa Del Sol - Elvira Area - 0 posts
health care coin area - 0 posts
car for sale - 0 posts
FREE Gatwick/Valencia flights 11/04/12 ~ 09/05/12 - 0 posts
Car insurance question - 5 posts
Taxis from Malaga - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 31

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x