Quoting for serious reformation work in an 8 storey building

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Apr 2012 11:38 AM by Zena143 Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Can someone assist me - our Administrator is refusing to divulge the estimates he got for facade renovation/painting work on our Edificio - finally going for a 55,000 euro quote with a builder,  There then followed more serious work to be done and he told us he had a quote for 115000 euros more and when I aksed for quotations on this, stated he had offered the work to the same builder who is doing the facade - and no one else ?

What is the law, if any on this point, can he just get one quote for such serious reformations?

\hellp?

Like 0      
08 Apr 2012 1:07 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

From what I remember from my time as a president, any work with that level of outlay has to be approved at an AGM or EGM.  And the administrator can't do it without the president's approval anyway.

Unless this has been prevously agreed by the community then there is no way the administrator can go ahead with this.

Justin

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
08 Apr 2012 1:38 PM by Zena143 Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Justin

He called a meeting with no president, owing to being heavly pregnant, did not tell meeting there was a vice president present just asked them to accept her husband as stand in.  He then conducted meeting as president, minute taker, and vote decider/counter - he told everyone works needed to be done and he had quotation(s) and we should accept his recommendation for one he held in his hand.  All agreed.  Eight weeks later he published minutes and saidhe forgot to add on VAT -now 135700 euros, that there was more to come as the builder had not finished quoting and he will not start work till we have all paid him this 135700 in six nonthky instalments from april to sept.

Now in no one says they object he can go ahead and call this legal, but are there no safeguards on quotes obtained and the fact the president was not there during the meeting.

\help  Regards Dot

Like 0      
08 Apr 2012 5:08 PM by Pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

Pilgrim´s avatar

When will these administators learn that they are employed by the Community of Owners, not the other way around??

As Justin says, there is no way that the work can be done without the President´s authorisation, which would come after a vote in the affirmative, by the Community of Owners at an EGM.

I am no expert but learnt a great deal, when my wife was President for a year.

pilgrim

Like 0      
08 Apr 2012 6:38 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Only one quote? Is the builder perhaps related to the administrator?

Lots of scope for brown envelopes here...

fb

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
09 Apr 2012 4:01 PM by jaldridge Star rating in Manilva. 144 posts Send private message

jaldridge´s avatar

Dot, does the president have anything to say about any of this or is he just going along with it?

If so, and it was approved in the meeting then I think it will have to go ahead.  The only thing I can think of is if enough owners are unhappy with this then they can call an EGM to review this mess, but ideally you need the president on your side.

Justin

EOS Team

Like 0      
09 Apr 2012 4:21 PM by Zena143 Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Hi J Aldridge

The President has not been seen for some time due to pregnancy, the husband was put forward as her rep at the AGM - despite the Vice President being there at the meeting - but the Administrator did not see fit to tell us this! 

At the meeting the works were chosen from estimates he had obtained and would cost 115000 euros.  In the minutes - oops - add vat and now 135700 euros.  I asked for a look at all three estimates (presuming there were three) and he now states he only offered the job to one builder and he has not finished writing up the estiimate for him yet - duh!!! 

I am trying to get 25% VOTES agan for EGM on this to follow on from one I called 21st April on TV Aerial but still only 20% at present as the Spanish have been told that I am a trouble maker, out to sack the Administrator and President, also out to split the community and that all work cannot start yet on our dangerous building because I am stopping it with my EGM's  - I think you get the picture - I am reduced to seeing my Solicitor tomorrow just to get him to defend my stance legally and also tell the Administrator to cease slandering me!

I only booked Easter for a holiday - so all this aggro is quite annoying when all I want to do is make sure that when we give him the money he wants - he will look after it and get guarantees, etc.

Oh well I am certainly learning a lot these days.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Comparison website for electricity and gas prices - 0 posts
HELP in identifying Spanish Bank into which my Spanish Lawyer paid my deposits. - 7 posts
licence needed for refridgeration van - 5 posts
Through the Eyes of a Child... - 5 posts
Electrician - 1 posts
Murcia Council - 1 posts
Let us know if you come across any bugs on the forum - 13 posts
Thank you Lobin - 1 posts
Corruption in Spain is a Worrisome Issue - 1 posts
Corvera - Change of Ownership - 6 posts
Manilva area - looking for a really good / romantic restaurant - 2 posts
Where do we go to get a Padron in Jerez - 1 posts
What a terrible waste! - 6 posts
golf share wanted Gaudalmina - 2 posts
Where to go on the Costa Del Sol for Lunch - 20 posts
Residecia / I.D - 5 posts
Spanish banks may be forced to seek eurozone bailout - 0 posts
Motor insurance - 0 posts
eva - 0 posts
Hi Pat Powell - 2 posts
What happens to existing BG claims when a Bank is taken over - 2 posts
Car Tax - 9 posts
For Sale - 0 posts
Discounts on water charges - 4 posts
Can anyone advise me on commercial property in Seville? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x