water shortages

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Mar 2012 12:00 AM by herbalist36 Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

hello all, I am planning my move to granada area and one of the questions I have is: which towns in the Granada province area have problems with water shortages during the summer months??

thank you all for your help.

J

Like 0      
15 Mar 2012 10:00 PM by lorraine56 Star rating in Granada Spain. 51 posts Send private message

Hi Herbalist36, what area of Granada are you planning to move to as  it is a very large province. I live about 20 mins north of Granada city centre in a totally Spanish village that has no other English people and absolutely love it, we have never had a water shortage in the last 10 years as all of our water comes from the mountain behind us and as far as we know the surrounding areas are the same and this stretches as far as Huetor Tajar which is the biggest asparagras growing area in Spain.

Hope this helps.

Kim

Like 0      
16 Mar 2012 1:22 AM by herbalist36 Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

thanks kim, sent you a PM

Like 0      
16 Mar 2012 5:20 PM by summer70 Star rating in Granada. 92 posts Send private message

summer70´s avatar

Hi Herbalist36,
we live in Granada - in a small village about 25 minutes drive South West of the city.
Although there are no water shortages as such, we do have occasional days without mains water, when the village water supply is cut off.  It could be so that farmers water tanks can be filled, it could be because the canal (running from the lake where our water supply comes from) is very low, but whatever the reason, we are very rarely told when this is going to happen, although we can often count on our water being turned off for some time on a Sunday.

When we moved out here in 2006, a pretty dry summer, I remember that several villages North West of Granada city were having their water turned off throughout most weekdays, but dont know if this still applies. Our village just suffered the usual cutoffs now and again.
However, Christmas 2009, our whole village was without mains water for almost a week, and a couple of summers ago we were without water for several days on a number of occasions.

That doesn't mean, however, that the village is completely without water, as there are a number of taps where you can get treated water. But it is a little inconvenient lugging large bottles of water back to the house on a regular basis.

From the way the waters are receeding in our local lake, I have a feeling we could be in for quite a few cutoff days this summer, but hopefully I'm wrong.

This message was last edited by summer70 on 16/03/2012.

Like 0      
19 Mar 2012 1:14 AM by DonLochnagar Star rating in Mazarron. 161 posts Send private message

We in  Murcia, (where it rarely rains) are sent water from the nice people in the North of Spain which we use to water our golf courses.  Thanks.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Costa Blanca Fresh Water Fishing - 3 posts
These True Religion Jeans Online jeans are stone washed with - 1 posts
driving from the uk - 7 posts
Spanish funerals/undertakers info and other cheerful stuff - 22 posts
Place in the sun Live, Earls Court March 30th-April 1st. 2012 - 46 posts
Opinion and advice on foreign currency mortgage - 9 posts
doctoers online appoinments. - 1 posts
Les Miserables in Concert inside the Rock of Gibraltar! Males singers and choir wanted. - 6 posts
2012 - SAVE UP TO 10% ON BRITTANY FERRY CROSSINGS.FRANCE AND SPAIN - 2 posts
Urbanization Annual AGM - 3 posts
provisional license - 1 posts
Debtors Voting at Meetings - 3 posts
HELP! SOME KIND OF CAR TICKET for 900 euros!!!!! - 5 posts
Help with wierd translation - 1 posts
Buying a LHD car... - 5 posts
Murcia Appeal Court states Polaris has breached contracts - 7 posts
The Cheapest Diesel in Spain..... - 18 posts
terrace - 1 posts
Help needed - 5 posts
Help from a distressed brit - 1 posts
there are good ones out there - 3 posts
Tennis holidays - 0 posts
Is there a transfer tax to pay? - 0 posts
The Cheapest Diesel in I can get is €124.9 a litre - 2 posts
best banks in spain - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x