multi use broadband for a community

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Hi all you worthy knowledgeable people in WIFI, WIRELESS, ADSL....whatever they mean...please can anyone help?

We are looking to have  multiuse broadband put into the Library of our Community,(we are only a small community of around 50 apartments) it is especially for those who come down for 1 or 2 weeks on hols and want to keep up with their emails. I have Movistar/Telefonica line and broadband and will keep that, but at the moment Telefonica want to charge €90 per month for a broadband line, plus ofcourse the cost of installing the line to the Library. I feel sure that there are better deals out there??? We have been quoted €39 per month inclusive of line rental from BT but they sub contract the putting in of the line to Telefonica and therein lies the problem, as Telefonica say that there is no address such as ours, and yet they themselves put in my phone and broadband. 3 times they have rang to say that they have cancelled the order as there is no such address!!!!!

I don't know now what to do and really need some constructive advice.

Many thanks,

Mo

Like 0      
18 Feb 2012 8:35 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

There are plenty of companies that will instal broadband for cheaper than that.  However, please be aware that the community will be held responsible for any sites accessed by visitors.  If anyone is found downloading unsuitable material, the people whose name the contract is in will be deemed as having allowed them to do so.  We have broadband in our house on the community which comes with a phone line and TV channels but you don't have to pay if you're not there.  The installation cost per house for the broadband and phone was only €129 with a rental of €24 a month but you only pay €5 a month to keep the telephone number when you're not there.  Surely a more economic way of doing things and takes the onus off the community for naughty goings on etc.

Like 0      
18 Feb 2012 9:15 PM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Many thanks for your reply bobaol, I will certainly take this onboard, we have taken advice and if there are public notices installed to the effect of what you have said, then the community is deemed not liable. Like many communities we have a lot of debtors and there is no way our owners will afford the amounts you say, as for myself, well I live here so it will not affect me. as like you I have my own broadband. This was just a community service for the hard times we have all gone through, with debtors, in the recent years.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Memory Foam Mattress Toppers - 2 posts
Ryanair - Alicante Airport - 1 posts
Not all thieves are stupid - 1 posts
Property market - 2 posts
Legalising Minutes - 5 posts
SPAIN'S CORRUPTION CRISIS - 0 posts
Polaris world - 5 posts
Los Altos De Las Palas - 2 posts
Medical expenses - 1 posts
Online Community Website - 7 posts
Translator - 3 posts
Vera Playa Al Andalus Hills, offered a bank repo - 12 posts
Telefonica - 5 posts
Torrox Costa (Any Info would be gratefully received) - 5 posts
Air Europa vs Easyjet - 3 posts
mortage applied for and now stuck in the system - 4 posts
Help required using IKEA website in Spain - 2 posts
Endesa - 12 posts
Weight loss in Spain !! - 1 posts
Careful with your credit cards - 0 posts
Saw this in the seaside gazette, made me smile. - 0 posts
Spain's Rip-Off Dentists! - 48 posts
Novosol Property Rental - 2 posts
Help with Spanish Translation - 4 posts
What do the courts do that takes so long????? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x