Medical expenses

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by nevart Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

My partner and I are considering moving to Costa del Sol area permanently. I am 61 and my partner is 59.

My partner is on long term medications which include: Simvastatin 40mg, (Cholestral control), Ramipril Capsules 5mg,(Blood Pressure), Metformin 500mg, (Diabetes) and Aspirin 75mg. I myself am on Omeprazole 20mg for digestion problems. At present, living in N. Ireland, we do not pay anything for prescriptions.

Can anybody give me advice on receiving medication in Spain and what cost would be involved?

I read somewhere that over 60's can get free prescriptions and medical care if they are paid up fully with UK NHS, is this the case?

What forms are required from Social Security or elsewhere when moving to Spain?

Like 0      
17 Feb 2012 8:34 PM by mr.kevin Star rating in Costa Blanca. 189 posts Send private message

mr.kevin´s avatar

I believe I am correct in saying you will not get free drugs in Spain until you or your spouse are receiving your pension, however you may be able to get health care for a period if you have paid your social in the UK, but this is for a maximum of two years and this depends on your payments. Drugs will still have to be purchased but are cheaper with a SIP health card.

Once you or your wife become retired, you will be able to get a permanent SIP card and free drugs.

My wife is older than I and just turned 60, she is having to wait until she is 61 and 3/4 before she gets her pension and then her SIP card and then I can get one as a dependent, so you may be able to get free health care via your wife depending on her circumstances.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Online Community Website - 7 posts
Translator - 3 posts
Vera Playa Al Andalus Hills, offered a bank repo - 12 posts
Telefonica - 5 posts
Torrox Costa (Any Info would be gratefully received) - 5 posts
Air Europa vs Easyjet - 3 posts
mortage applied for and now stuck in the system - 4 posts
Help required using IKEA website in Spain - 2 posts
Endesa - 12 posts
Weight loss in Spain !! - 1 posts
Careful with your credit cards - 0 posts
Saw this in the seaside gazette, made me smile. - 0 posts
Spain's Rip-Off Dentists! - 48 posts
Novosol Property Rental - 2 posts
Help with Spanish Translation - 4 posts
What do the courts do that takes so long????? - 1 posts
Single bed for sale, Fuengirola area - 0 posts
english fuses - 2 posts
Warning - 0 posts
Eroski Velez Malaga - 1 posts
WANTED: Beds and bedroom furniture. Xatia, Ontinyent area - 1 posts
British consulate open day 22nd Feb. - 2 posts
Administrator - 1 posts
Recommended property management company estepona / Marbella - 4 posts
MAD DOGS - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x