Air Europa vs Easyjet

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

My husband has to book a flight from London Gatwick to Madrid and hopes to catch a specific train from there to Valladolid.  There are two flights from Gatwick at about the same time, with Air Europa and Easyjet.  The flight with Air Europa is due to land at Madrid 10 minutes before the Easyjet flight, and he won't have a lot of time to spare.

HOWEVER, we have never used Air Europa and some reviews don't rate them too highly.  Has anybody used both airlines (we know Easyjet as we have used them several times) and especially to Madrid?  On paper Air Europa looks the best flight as it should give him an extra 10 minutes, however if they have a bad record on timing it might be safer to book Easyjet.  Any advice would be much appreciated!

Sue

PS In fact if anyone has any knowledge of Air Europa - even if they haven't used Easyjet - any information would be very much appreciated!

This message was last edited by suemac on 18/02/2012.

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
27 Feb 2012 1:05 PM by Sonia El Star rating in Wales / Carvajal, F.... 212 posts Send private message

Not used Air Europa but flew Easyjet to Madrid in November with no problems.  We use it all the time for Gatwick Malaga and yes, it is subject to delays but have noticed that it's got better lately. Worst thing about Madrid airport is the massive hike to the underground - horrible airport.    Good luck.

Like 0      
27 Feb 2012 1:32 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Thanks for your reply Sonia.  John decided to book Easyjet - better the devil you know! - as we have used them from both Gatwick and Stansted to Alicante.  He has also decided to book a seat on the later train as well,  in case of any delays to his flight and also  as you say because of the trek to the metro!

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      
27 Feb 2012 3:49 PM by lorraine56 Star rating in Granada Spain. 51 posts Send private message

Hi Suemac,

I have used Air Europa to travel from Granada to Palma Majorca and they have always been very good.The one time I used Easyjet I was not impressed and it was the only flight I have ended up with back ache on as the seats were so unconfortable.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

mortage applied for and now stuck in the system - 4 posts
Help required using IKEA website in Spain - 2 posts
Endesa - 12 posts
Weight loss in Spain !! - 1 posts
Careful with your credit cards - 0 posts
Saw this in the seaside gazette, made me smile. - 0 posts
Spain's Rip-Off Dentists! - 48 posts
Novosol Property Rental - 2 posts
Help with Spanish Translation - 4 posts
What do the courts do that takes so long????? - 1 posts
Single bed for sale, Fuengirola area - 0 posts
english fuses - 2 posts
Warning - 0 posts
Eroski Velez Malaga - 1 posts
WANTED: Beds and bedroom furniture. Xatia, Ontinyent area - 1 posts
British consulate open day 22nd Feb. - 2 posts
Administrator - 1 posts
Recommended property management company estepona / Marbella - 4 posts
MAD DOGS - 5 posts
sotoserena - 3 posts
Chrome /leather swivel chair - 0 posts
Shop fittings for sale - 0 posts
Keff ceiling loudspeakers x4 - 2 posts
Mannequin for shop window - 0 posts
Sharp cash register programmable - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x