Another success for Costaluz, Maria and her team

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Feb 2012 12:00 AM by Michael.Sands Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Michael & Mary Sands – February 07/02/2012

Our heartful thanks to Costaluz, Maria and her team for the return of our 1st instalment payment on an off plan apartment in Granada.
                In July 2007 we entered into a contract with a developer to purchase an apartment in Mirador de Iznalloz. Build was progressing and we paid our 1st instalment of almost 30,000 Euros. We then received word from the developer that the build was only 40% complete and the bank would not advance any further funding to allow completion of the project. We contacted Costaluz having picked up their advert on EOS and sought their advice and assistance in recovering our money as we did have a Bank Guarantee. Maria confirmed that we had a sound case, nevertheless, her initial submission to the court was rejected which was devastating news for us. Maria, however, was confident that an appeal against this decision would be successful and she was absolutely correct with our claim being admitted to the court in Sept 2009. It took a long time for the case to be listed for hearing and at the initial hearing the Court found in our favour and issued a payment order to the bank which was not paid and after six months another payment order was issued to the Insurer. This took another period of time but we have just now (February 2012) had our money returned. Maria and Almudena continue to attempt to recover interest and costs and I have every confidence that they will so do.
                This has been a long road for us as the Spanish legal system is traditionally very slow and is slowed now even further with so many people attempting to recover their money but we have to have patience and put trust in Maria and her team that they will protect our interests, as far as humanly possible. The team’s professionalism and dedication certainly worked for us. Once again congratulations on winning our case and a massive thank you from both of us.

Like 0      
07 Feb 2012 3:21 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Congratulations Michael & Mary.

A great result.

Well done María and the team at CostaLuz Laywers.

Kind regards

Keith

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
07 Feb 2012 4:05 PM by steve01 Star rating. 12 posts Send private message

A great result - well done to that lawyer!!

Like 0      
07 Feb 2012 4:22 PM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Maria's successes are snowballing!

Congratulations to all concerned for their patience and persistance!!

Like 0      
07 Feb 2012 7:52 PM by mark barton Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

Michael & Mary,

Do you actually have the money in your account?

Regards

Mark

Like 0      
07 Feb 2012 8:16 PM by Mal J Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

i am pleased for you Michael and Mary.

One word of warning regarding costs and interest. We also employed Maria and were awarded costs and interest by the court last July and have not received any payment yet. You start to wonder if they have any intention of actually paying it!!

Hopefully you will be more fortunate.

Mal

Like 0      
08 Feb 2012 9:05 AM by Michael.Sands Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Mark, yes we received the refund by e-banking so it is definitely in our account 

Mal, How did you hear that you were awarded costs? Our payment order from the court was issued to, firstly to Cam bank, which they didn't pay and then six months later the Insurer; this process took almost a year before Costaluz received the payment (less costs). This obviously was not Costaluz lawyers fault. Have you asked Maria & co if they have actually received your costs which is considerably different from being awarded costs and interest. 

Michael & Mary

Like 0      
08 Feb 2012 12:54 PM by Mal J Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Michael & Mary,

The verbal hearing for costs and interest, due to be heard on the 13th July, was cancelled but I was informed by Maria's team that-:

"the courts have agreed to calculate and settle the interest regardless. We are therefore waiting to hear from the courts with their final decision and calculations. Please bare in mind that the courts are closed during August and that it is likely that this notice from them will be received in September."

I am slightly disappointed that I never receive any update unless I query it. I would have thought an explanation from the court for the delay could be expected or even demanded by now.

Despite this, I must add that I am still very grateful to Maria and her team for recovering my deposit.

Mal

Like 0      
08 Feb 2012 4:09 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Are courts obliged to release these monies back to the lawfirm as soon as it is deposited into the court, or does it depend upon a lawyer to continually request the return of these monies? In other words, is this an automated system? Likewise for the return of monies from the law firm? Does a client have to continually request their return or is this automated upon notification of payment mandate from the court?

It's difficult to assess what the situation is  if clients don't appreciate the system relating to recompense and how it works, so perhaps Maria could clarify the situation?

Like 0      
13 Feb 2012 3:01 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

And...when are you re-invsting in Spain? There is no better time than now. 

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Costaluz Lawyers, A great success in recovering our deposit using law 57/68 - 9 posts
How do I edit my thread? - 4 posts
Funeral Plans - 0 posts
Testimonial for Maria de Castro and the team at Costa Luz Lawyers - 4 posts
Gib. - 3 posts
driving to Spain from the UK - 16 posts
road tax advice - 5 posts
Legalisation Issies! - 5 posts
Typist Wanted - 0 posts
Have I really won the lottery? - 22 posts
Tax on Rental-Deductions - 8 posts
PROPERTY ADMINISTRATOR - 2 posts
Crisis?? - 0 posts
Earthquake - 3 posts
Mazarron apartment - 2 bed and 1 bath. - 1 posts
Working in the UK and having shares' dividends in Spain - 1 posts
Working in the UK, with share dividends in Spain - 0 posts
Recommendations for child friendly restaurants - 2 posts
EXPATS WALK FOR THEIR VILLAGE - 0 posts
surina - 4 posts
cats - 0 posts
FREEZING YUK - 6 posts
Riding a motorcycle in spain on a full uk bike licence - 6 posts
MR WIPPY - 3 posts
ITV test - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x