Fuente Álamo de Murcia any information would be helpful

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Jan 2012 12:00 AM by decorated LADY Star rating in Los Alcazares. 23 posts Send private message

Hi

could anyone give me information on Fuente Álamo de Murcia.

We are looking into renting further inland from Los Alcazares and this area is still within easy reach of Los Alcazares where we have family and friends.

I am looking for information on Schools, shoping, transport and the ratio of spanish too other nationalities.

thanks xx

Like 0      
31 Jan 2012 7:19 PM by franvidal Star rating in Lo Pagán. 19 posts Send private message

franvidal´s avatar

Hi decorated Lady,

First of all I apologize as I’m Spanish and I will make some mistakes.

I lived in Fuente Álamo for about 10 years, but my parents, brother and sister, nephews and nieces still live there, so I visit Fuente Álamo quite often.

The population there is around 8.000 inhabitants, so more or less half the one in Los Alcázares. However you won’t probably see a big difference, as there are more people living there all the year round than in Los Alcázares. So only in July and August many people will leave the village and will go to the coast (like in most inland places in Spain, so nothing you don’t expect).

It would be a nice visit if you go there on a Saturday morning, as there is a street market and (unless it’s raining) there is more life on the streets.

There are two public primary schools and a “concertado” school (half private – half public); there are also two secondary schools.

There are enough shops for most items you need daily: a Mercadona, a Consum (from Eroski), a Dia, some other small supermarkets, you may have about 4 or 5 shoe shops, about 10 or 12 clothes shop, at least 3 of these Chinese shops (of course, they are everywhere, ja ja), and also a good amount of bars and restaurants, etc. And Cartagena is about 25kms far (in case you have to go to the Parque Mediterráneo shopping center).

I do know that there are buses to go to Cartagena, but I don’t know if there are to other places at all, I would say there are not.

You will find there the same nationalities than in Los Alcázares, but for the fact that there are not so many British citizens. There are some, but only a very small percentage of them live in Fuente Álamo itself, most of them live in the surrounding villages like Las Palas, La Pinilla, Cuevas de Reyllo, Balsapintada, Lobosillo, Valladolises, Corvera, Los Almagros and Los Cánovas.

Like 0      
31 Jan 2012 8:08 PM by decorated LADY Star rating in Los Alcazares. 23 posts Send private message

Hi

Thank you for your reply.

Your English is very good, a lot better than my Spanish which is poco poco...

Your information is very useful. We like the look of the Fuente Alamo village itself so hope too find a finca/villa there. The only problem we may have is the 3 dogs we have. They are large breeds and are classed as dangerous dogs in Spain.

Im glad there is a Mercadona their as i love to shop their. I find they have a better choice and quality of food. But i expect that is personal preference.

My daughter would need too go to one of the schools as she is only 10 years old. She previously went too Bienvenido primary school in Los Alcazares and loved it, she also did well and passed nearly all her subjects at the end of the year so i was very pleased. In England she does not do so well.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sad - 5 posts
Best Euro Route Finder Please - 6 posts
Auriga Crown car hire ceased trading - 11 posts
Renault Scenic '98 Turbo Diesel for sale. - 0 posts
Interim Charging Order - 5 posts
Filing accounts at the Hacienda - 10 posts
Bunk beds wanted - 0 posts
Help for changing Aqugest water supply - 6 posts
Spanair Bust ? - 4 posts
What questions are allowed at an AGM - 8 posts
HEATER, COOLER, HUMIDIFIER ONLY 50 EUROS COSTA DEL SOL - 3 posts
TV CABINET. ONLY 30 EUROS. COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
TV CABINET. ONLY 30 EUROS. COSTA DEL SOL - 0 posts
DOUBLE BED ONLY 50 EUROS WITH MATTRESS. Costa del sol - 1 posts
2 heaters for only 20 euros each. Costa del sol - 0 posts
SELLING 2 SINGLE BEDS WITH MATTRESS AND WOODEN BEDSIDE TABLE ONLY 100 EUR - 0 posts
What are my rights? - 1 posts
Youth employment - 3 posts
Hi has anyone purchased one of these apartments in Vera Paya http://www.propertyinspain.net/property-for-sale/property.aspx?id=15680 - 3 posts
Chemtrails - 4 posts
Satellite TV Q&A - 0 posts
ICP Installationn - 2 posts
Spanair - 0 posts
I am fuming! THEY HAVE VOTED FOR A 20 - 30% increase in fuel prices - 12 posts
A bit of camera advice please! - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x