Domestic Partner

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Dec 2011 12:00 AM by yaro Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hello.
We are living in Sabadell I and my fiancee from germany we have submited paraja de hecho. we still never receive certificate since 3 november,the first day they told us we shall receive the certificate in two week after a month we went there again and told us to wait for another two weeks, after the weeks i was there and they keep telling me stories i dont understant.is pitty that i can speak spainish please help us.what can we do now,any advice

Like 0      
19 Dec 2011 12:09 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I'm not really sure what direct action you could take to be honest.

It may be worth having a chat with Myra at Costa Advice Bureau.  I'm sure she's probably dealt with this sort of thing before so I'm sure she will be able to advise you.

Best of luck.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
19 Dec 2011 12:32 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

Hi,  personally I am not very familiar with the pareja de hecho regulations but after seeing your initial question in EOS unaswered for a few weeks and Spanish being my mother tongue, I have been researching the issue on the internet.

In Spain there is no central registry for parejas de hecho.  The registries are regulated by the regions (Comunidades Autonomas) and there are some regions that do not have one.  This generated a problem for the citizens of other EU countries being able to obtain registration as the EU regulations on this matter provide that the domestic system must ensure that EU citizens cannot obtain double registration (for example registration with two different partners in two different registries).  Under the current Spanish system, there is no guarantee that you cannot be registered with a partner in say, Andalucia, and wth a different one in, say Murcia.  This had been interpreted by some Communities to mean that non-Spanish citizens could not be registered in the Parejas de Hecho registry.

Apparently a Court ruling has been issued in November 2011 whereby it has been interpreted that the lack of a nationwide regulation of the Registries in Spain should not be interpreted to mean that citizens of other EU countries cannot have access to their local registry.

The bottom line of your problem, therefor, could be that your local registry was perhaps waiting for resolution of this issue before giving you the appropriate certificates.  I cannot assure you, unfortunately, whether this is really the case or not, but perhaps the above might prove useful for you to resolve the problem.  I hope this helps.

Like 0      
19 Dec 2011 12:56 PM by yaro Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Thank you friends am much greatful for your support and advice...................................

Best Wishes

Yaro

Like 0      
19 Dec 2011 1:23 PM by yaro Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hello.
We are living in Sabadell I and my fiancee from germany we have submited paraja de hecho. we still never receive certificate since 3 november,the first day they told us we shall receive the certificate in two week after a month we went there again and told us to wait for another two weeks, after the weeks i was there and they keep telling me stories i dont understant.is pitty that i cant speak spainish please help us.what can we do now,any advice

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Blocking of view. - 6 posts
Expats to be 'rescued' from Spain and Portugal!!!! - 187 posts
Happy Christmas, good luck and a prosperous New Year to everyone. - 0 posts
Obligation to purchase share in Cajamar Bank - 6 posts
Generic Bank guarantes-new buyers - 1 posts
Happy Christmas and New Year to everyone - 8 posts
Severe weather warnings in Spain - 0 posts
Butane gas - 14 posts
Morrisons Gibraltar - 2 posts
Electricity Prices Going up 25%?? - 1 posts
volantery contributions needed for the repair of the road at Camino Nicola Estepona - 0 posts
Marble crystalliser? - 2 posts
blue paraffin - 3 posts
Euro VS Sterling - 39 posts
Just moved to Puerto de Mazarron, Murcia - 2 posts
Hi, Im looking for yoga/meditation in Costa del Sol. - 1 posts
mortgage applied for - 5 posts
Sourcing stuff... a source of frustration! - 9 posts
Valor Catastral revalue in Marbella 2011 / 2012 - 4 posts
POLICE WARNING - 5 posts
paraja de hecho - 2 posts
Turkey for christamas - 5 posts
HELPING ALL THE DOGS & CATS ABANDONED OR IN THE REFUGES - 2 posts
Help Wanted - Car Hire Malaga Airport - 1 posts
Solbank website - is it down ? - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x