LORAINE45

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Dec 2011 12:00 AM by lorraine45 Star rating in GLASGOW. 2 posts Send private message

I have been seperated and divorced from my husband now for nearly 5 years, under the terms of the divorce i allowed my ex to live in the house until it is sold until then i am also paying half a mortgage.

He put the house up for sale with 1 agent but still no sale, i have been in touch with 6 agents to get the house sold, i do not think he is interested in selling, ( why should he as he is sitting pretty while i am paying half the mortgage, as i also have rent to pay etc out of pensions it is very hard to manage, but do not know what to do now i seem to have gone down most avenues apart from going to court and get the house put up for Auction which wont get much for the sale of the house.

Dont know if i can get him out and move in myself to have more control in selling the house. Also if anything happens to him,can i legally move back in as i own 50% of the property, solicitors have advised to keep paying my half of the mortgage as at least it is an investment, but i have paid thousands since i left and cannot move forward or pay for holidays clothes etc.

My ex is very controlling and clever in playing the game, does anybody have any advise on how i can move forward?

any advise will be welcome.

My house is in Callosa DE Segura in Alicante.

LORRAINE

Like 0      
04 Dec 2011 10:47 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I had a friend in a similar situation, but with a girl friend.  She was 'showing people' the house and surprise,  no buyers.  That is until he agreed to give her a much larger share of the sale that she was entitled to.

I would look carefully at the agreement you have to allow your ex to live in the house. If you cannot get him out on that then start looking at what he wants to allow the sale to happen.

Of course selling now in Spain is almost impossible, even at give away prices (I know some people want to talk up the market but that is the reality).

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Deep sea fishing out of Duquesa - 1 posts
Entitlement to Healthcare - 20 posts
wifi spain - 2 posts
Private medical insurance cancellation - 9 posts
Spare a thought for Michael O'Leary, Chief Executive of 'Ryanair' - 71 posts
Cajasol BIC - 5 posts
BARGAIN!!!!!! TOYOTA RAV4 2005.... NEED TO SELL!!!! - 2 posts
Greater flexibility in the processing of foreigners in Spain - 0 posts
Roda Golf - Furniture for Sale - 2 posts
I'm worried for Spain - 84 posts
Don Lochnagar - 3 posts
AND YET ANOTHER MAGNIFICENT VICTORY FOR COSTALUZ !!!! - 3 posts
Apple i Phone4 32GB model a1332-San Roque 300euros ono - 0 posts
My Partner has a foreclosure notice on a property in Spain. She lives in the UK - 25 posts
Wanted unfurnished long term rental - 0 posts
Iceland near San Javier - 4 posts
Heating allowance for OAPs in Spain - 22 posts
Social Security Card? - 5 posts
Available Cleaner/Key holder - 2 posts
Internet connection - 10 posts
H, im moving to spain in new year... - 8 posts
Removal from Spain to UK - 4 posts
Survival of the Fitest ? - 5 posts
The name 'Omeia' - 1 posts
COSTALUZ LAWYERS TRIUMPH AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!!! - 6 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x